Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding another res to my loop??? help

Options
  • 04-11-2011 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi There im looking to add an frozen Q res for purely cosmetic purposes. so i waas gonnna go

res 1- res 2 - pump - rad - cpu - res 1

Would this be ok . pump is alphacool 1500lph

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

1. You didn't even reply to your other thread that you created yesturday.

2. You can, but you might suffer pressure problems if you do.

Why do you even want a second reservoir? Especially in such a small loop, it's utterly pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭maxokeeffe

Serephucus wrote: »

Why do you even want a second reservoir? Especially in such a small loop, it's utterly pointless.

sorry about yesterday

secondly as i said its just for cosmetic purposes add abit of flair to the inside.

would it work??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

With that 1500lph pump (its a rebranded d5) he wont have any pressure problems with that small loop.

deceit wrote: »
    With that 1500lph pump (its a rebranded d5) he wont have any pressure problems with that small loop.

also mate is the diagram i have above the best way to mount the res in the kit. also when i start it up first should i completely fill both res??

maxokeeffe wrote: »
    also mate is the diagram i have above the best way to mount the res in the kit. also when i start it up first should i completely fill both res??
    It should be fine, It would just act as one big res, just more likely to get more trapped air with both. I would just fill the one closet to the pump and use the other to let air out to make it easier to fill the loop. Loop order is only really important when you have underpowered pumps.

• Advertisement

It should be fine, It would just act as one big res, just more likely to get more trapped air with both. I would just fill the one closet to the pump and use the other to let air out to make it easier to fill the loop. Loop order is only really important when you have underpowered pumps.

many thanks for your help . also can you advise were you can buy water cooling tubing/ 1/2 id - od/3/4 in dublin , as i may be short 2 feet in lenght

maxokeeffe wrote: »
    many thanks for your help . also can you advise were you can buy water cooling tubing/ 1/2 id - od/3/4 in dublin , as i may be short 2 feet in lenght

I havent been able to find any place in ireland to get watercooling equipment so i just use specialtech in the uk as they have quick postage.

From what I can see in your other thread you've only ordered 1 metre of tubing... you're going to be short, I'd think.

@deceit, yeah, I figured as much. I suppose he's not. AFAIK the most restrictive thing in a loop are the fittings, but next is the res. I don't know why he'd bother with a second one just to add "a bit of flair" to the inside.

From what I can see in your other thread you've only ordered 1 metre of tubing... you're going to be short, I'd think.

@deceit, yeah, I figured as much. I suppose he's not. AFAIK the most restrictive thing in a loop are the fittings, but next is the res. I don't know why he'd bother with a second one just to add "a bit of flair" to the inside.

Yea I cant understand the need for it myself even to make it look better but everyone has different tastes so to each their own. I prefer simple loops even inside my little devil case I wont use two res's, It will just be 1 res, 3 480mm rads, 2 pumps and 4 blocks. I've just been picking up the pieces though until the sr3 is released though.

With a loop that big I'd just stick QDCs everywhere. :P

Actually, with your setup, dual loops makes sense. You already have two pumps, and a bunch of rads, so you might as well.

What are you cooling anyway? CPU, 2xGPU and motherboard or something? (Or do you have an SR2 now?)

• Advertisement

With a loop that big I'd just stick QDCs everywhere. :P

Actually, with your setup, dual loops makes sense. You already have two pumps, and a bunch of rads, so you might as well.

What are you cooling anyway? CPU, 2xGPU and motherboard or something? (Or do you have an SR2 now?)

It will be two cpu's and two gpus for the moment, no motherboard coolling. I just bought it and found out that an sr3 is out soon so am in the process of rma'ing it. I want redundancy though so if one pump goes the other will still keep the waterflowing so wont fry all my parts. I was contemplatinig having 4 pumps and doing a dual loop but the extra expense I cant justify it at the moment.

It will be two cpu's and two gpus for the moment, no motherboard coolling. I just bought it and found out that an sr3 is out soon so am in the process of rma'ing it. I want redundancy though so if one pump goes the other will still keep the waterflowing so wont fry all my parts. I was contemplatinig having 4 pumps and doing a dual loop but the extra expense I cant justify it at the moment.

can anyone tell me where i can buy 2 140mm fan, cant get them any where . and dont wanna bother ordering them online as i need them 2day

@ Maxokeeffe:
    PC World (Jervis or Carrickmines), Komplett might have some at their Pick up Point, Maplin, Peats, Currys... Google's great with this sort of thing you know. ;)

@ Deceit:
    IMO that's a bit extreme, but more power to you, the only thing you'd ever have to worry about now is a power failure or something. (Though I'm betting you have a UPS? :P)

@ Maxokeeffe:
    PC World (Jervis or Carrickmines), Komplett might have some at their Pick up Point, Maplin, Peats, Currys... Google's great with this sort of thing you know. ;)

@ Deceit:
    IMO that's a bit extreme, but more power to you, the only thing you'd ever have to worry about now is a power failure or something. (Though I'm betting you have a UPS? :P)

i checked most of them mate , ill check pc world , jervis. how long you water cooling

Advertisement