Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freight Forwarding Company - DeliverMe.ie - anyone here ever use them?

• 04-11-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to purchase a TV from a company who will only deliver to a UK address. I came across deliverme.ie who appear to provide a freight forwarding service which would allow me to get around this. However, I've had difficulty digging up infomation on them and would be very reluctanct to chance sending the TV to a company which I am totally unfamiliar with.

Has anyone here got any other tried and tested solutions for acquiring items which can not otherwise be delivered to Ireland?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I haven't used one but I know a few members have used a similar one (http://www.myus.com/) a few times. I've come across their comments a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I haven't actually had to use Deliverme.ie yet but I did contact them with a few queries recently for clarification in the event I did want to use them. All I can tell you is that their response was fast and they seem very genuine. If and when I need to use a service like that I will give them a go. After eBuyer stopped shipping to southern Ireland I was looking for ways around it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Some on here used them to get the kindle last year when there was a 9 week wait to get it from the US. Seemed to have good reviews. What put me off them was that someone from deliverme was on the thread shilling and just posting as a "happy customer"
    The thread is deleted now. Some people posted about them here and posted the link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69487163

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Thanks very much for your responses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭cwboy

Have used them twice for Kindles and very happy with the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I went ahead with Deliverme.ie. Ordered the tv on Monday last week. It arrived with Deliverme.ie on Wednesday and arrived at my work place on Friday. I was very happy with the service. Thanks to all who responded here. It gave me the reassurance I needed to go ahead with using them and I'll probably do so again in the future if in a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dreadnought

thinking about using them to buy from ebuyer too... seems like a good service - has anyone experience with any other companies offering the same service?

Advertisement