Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas in Cairns-suggestions?

Options
  • 04-11-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Myself and the girlfriend are looking to spend a few days over Christmas in or around Cairns. We will just have come from 3months regional work on a farm so are looking for somewhere nice to stay for a couple of nights near the beach to relax etc. Has anyone got any suggestions of where to stay, budget around $150 per night. Also, will Cairns be lively around that time of the year? any suggestions appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

I lived up in Cairns for a few months, stayed in a hostel called Asylum. If you're lookin for somewhere with a great atmosphere and which is fairly liverly and relatively cheap (dunno about xmas prices) this hostel is definitely one to hit..

Probably the best hostel i stayed in bar Surf'n'Sun in Surfers Para.

Advertisement