Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silver Tassie competition

• 04-11-2011 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Competition in the Silver Tassie this Thursday 10th of November. €10 entry fee and you receive a free drinks voucher. Registration ends at half 8 sharp! Games start at 9:00. Borough league players only.

Contact paul: (086) 863 6974
    For more info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 robbie180

have u got many names down for it yet dartmanica:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ATR180

Any results 4 last nights comp??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

DartManiac wrote: »
    Competition in the Silver Tassie this Thursday 10th of November. €10 entry fee and you receive a free drinks voucher. Registration ends at half 8 sharp! Games start at 9:00. Borough league players only.

For more info

Just hang a sign on the door

No blacks or irish....

Whats wrong lads, whats to be afriad of???

• Registered Users Posts: 19 THE GRASS

Dicie wrote: »

No blacks or irish....

WATS WRONG WITH HAVING A COMP FOR BOROUGH PLAYERS ONLY ITS COMPETITIVE ENOUGH WITHOUT PDC WANNABES SHOWING UP THAT WE DONT KNOW MORE THAN LIKELY GOING TO WIN WE ALL KNOW EACH OTHER SO WE CAN HAVE A BIT OF CRAIC AND BANTER SO ARE WE NOT ALOUD ENJOY OURSELVES ANYMORE

THE GRASS wrote: »
    WATS WRONG WITH HAVING A COMP FOR BOROUGH PLAYERS ONLY ITS COMPETITIVE ENOUGH WITHOUT PDC WANNABES SHOWING UP THAT WE DONT KNOW MORE THAN LIKELY GOING TO WIN WE ALL KNOW EACH OTHER SO WE CAN HAVE A BIT OF CRAIC AND BANTER SO ARE WE NOT ALOUD ENJOY OURSELVES ANYMORE

Whats wrong, do pdc wannabes have 5 darts? Do they not also have a sense of humour? Love the attitude, more than likely they will win. Well done for proving my point.

Sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 THE GRASS

Whats wrong, do pdc wannabes have 5 darts? Do they not also have a sense of humour? Love the attitude, more than likely they will win. Well done for proving my point.

Sad
    YOUR ALWAYS ON HERE MOUTHING BOUT OUR LEAGUE AND COMPS WOULD YOU NOT FU CK OFF AND WORRY BOUT YOURSELF AND WERE U PLAY YOUR OBVIOUSLY A SUPERSTAR OR DONT MIND THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY WE ARE NOT ALL LOADED

THE GRASS wrote: »
    YOUR ALWAYS ON HERE MOUTHING BOUT OUR LEAGUE AND COMPS WOULD YOU NOT FU CK OFF AND WORRY BOUT YOURSELF AND WERE U PLAY YOUR OBVIOUSLY A SUPERSTAR OR DONT MIND THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY WE ARE NOT ALL LOADED

I will post where i want, and what i want thanks. It seems you dont like to play people better than you, so go challenge teddy bear to the best of 3 there in your bedroom, and dont be worrying about where im from. By the way, up until last yr i was a registered player within the borough league.

try not to be losing your temper either, dont want that blood pressure going thru the roof now do we.

Have a nice day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

No blacks or irish....

There's no harm in having a tournament between the Borough League players and it's good to see there becoming a more regular thing but I do see what you mean Dicie. There's a mindset in the Borough that they can't beat these so called PDC wannabe's and your right they are afraid of them. The more of these comps there are the better but they will only bring your game on so much it's only when the Borough players start travelling more that they will become better players but they're not interested in doing that in my opinion bar the odd one. There's a lot of players around capable of being very good and making it but it's the lack of ambition/belief in the bubble that is the Borough League holding them all back.

The Grass is another lad hiding behind a user name most people know what Dicie was on about so no need for the public bashing on a forum and exactly whats wrong with Borough league players with your comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

Have to say I agree with Jr on this we are questioned for the 3 man comp every year about who's aloud enter, the way I see it is the better players that enter these comps are the ones that don't want them opened to everyone as it hinders their chances, as the fact of things are for middle of the road players what's the difference playing a Mick kane or pj bryan or shane o connor, as dicie says everyone has 3 darts and for an organisers point of view the more that enter the better the perks ie. Prize money and turn out,

Well, from experience of Billy matthews, pj, mick kane, bullit, martin o connor, lar, ste andrews and the rest, these lads have nothing to fear from anyone in this country on there day. Ok, some of them may have lost some interest, but as i say, when i was playing against and with these lads, nothing or no one should bother them

Billy proved this the year he qualified out in the city west (had the pleasure that day of being told before it started he would qualify, im guessing was the only time bullit was right about anything)

Ok, i can see why some comps would be closed, and yes this seems like a friendly affair between mates, but if the likes of the grass is willing to turn up and play against the lads iv mentioned, he shud not fear shane o connor, or honey monster (glenn spearing) or any of them. Cause there is enough class lads in the shape of ennis, matthers, pj and the rest.

All the best with the comp, wud not mind reading a few reports on the nights proceedings.

(Btw, im sure 95% of people know who dicie is, so i dont be needing to be hiding from anyone) (wud also wanna be a big keyboard looool)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 freddykrueger

are you stiil alive dicie ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DartManiac

Jeepers,it seems as if I've caused a bit of a furore with the wording for the singles comp in the Tassie.The truth is I asked a friend of mine to put the thread up on Boards about the competition,and he must have assumed it was Borough League players only.It was simply a misunderstanding,and the next tournament[2nd Thursday in December] will be open to everyone,even the Power himself!!We had a fine turnout,with 37 players entering the event.The final was between P J Bryan and Billy Matthews,and as you would expect it was a quality match.There were plenty of 140's and 180's in the game,which just went P J's way by 5 legs to 3.Looking forward to the next one,so bring it on Dicie!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thatsbingo

DartManiac wrote: »
    Jeepers,it seems as if I've caused a bit of a furore with the wording for the singles comp in the Tassie.The truth is I asked a friend of mine to put the thread up on Boards about the competition,and he must have assumed it was Borough League players only.It was simply a misunderstanding,and the next tournament[2nd Thursday in December] will be open to everyone,even the Power himself!!We had a fine turnout,with 37 players entering the event.The final was between P J Bryan and Billy Matthews,and as you would expect it was a quality match.There were plenty of 140's and 180's in the game,which just went P J's way by 5 legs to 3.Looking forward to the next one,so bring it on Dicie!!:D
    Lads just a comment regarding your closed shop compo's today in the dublin open 7 out of the last 8 play NCDL darts the other lad plays in the Meath league closing your compo's to just your own players can only be bad for yourselfs cause when it comes to open compo's you wont be at the races to use to playing each other can only be bad for your league and the dublin county team in general

• Registered Users Posts: 6 constant 26

well said thats bingo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

thatsbingo wrote: »
    Lads just a comment regarding your closed shop compo's today in the dublin open 7 out of the last 8 play NCDL darts the other lad plays in the Meath league closing your compo's to just your own players can only be bad for yourselfs cause when it comes to open compo's you wont be at the races to use to playing each other can only be bad for your league and the dublin county team in general

7 lads from the borough turned up for this (5 monday, 2 tuesday), 1 got to the final of his board, 1 got to semi's of his board and the rest went out first round.

I dont know why more borough league players wont go to these comps, a lot of players in the league are certainly capable of doin well.

mackeire wrote: »
    I dont know why more borough league players wont go to these comps, a lot of players in the league are certainly capable of doin well.

There's no interest, lads will use the i've no money excuse but yet there possibly in the pub all day drinking anyway and then there are some lads that have there families at the weekend but more than likely its the first one and also they are afraid of playing outside the borough

mr.jingle wrote: »
    There's no interest, lads will use the i've no money excuse but yet there possibly in the pub all day drinking anyway and then there are some lads that have there families at the weekend but more than likely its the first one and also they are afraid of playing outside the borough

i work 6 nights a week, go to college 5 days a week, have a family and still manage to go to darts every monday and play in competitions aswell.

I went out to the comp yesterday with €20 in me pocket.

mackeire wrote: »
    i work 6 nights a week, go to college 5 days a week, have a family and still manage to go to darts every monday and play in competitions aswell.

I went out to the comp yesterday with €20 in me pocket.

Fair play to ya not many people could juggle all that i'm not saying it's you by the way it's other lads in the league they have 0 interest in travelling out to town or anywhere that takes them out of the borough.

They'd rather stay in the pub all day throwing against poor quality players just out for a few pints with there friends instead of taking on Irelands best and improving themselves.

The borough will never have a major influence in the Dublin team as the interest isn't there aswell as the ambition they will only ever have 3-5 players max on that team if there lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Fair play to ya not many people could juggle all that i'm not saying it's you by the way it's other lads in the league they have 0 interest in travelling out to town or anywhere that takes them out of the borough.

They'd rather stay in the pub all day throwing against poor quality players just out for a few pints with there friends instead of taking on Irelands best and improving themselves.

The borough will never have a major influence in the Dublin team as the interest isn't there aswell as the ambition they will only ever have 3-5 players max on that team if there lucky

I would have like to go out to the open had a few quid this week but only heard about it on friday from dice i never seen it up on boards and as i dont go out much i never heard a thing who went from th bourgh to short notice for me

I.C.U wrote: »
    who went from the bourgh

7 went out. shane ryan, davie peacocke, paul tobin, paddy ellard, neil mcdonald (all monday) and jay mccann and billy smith (tuesday).

peacocke got to final of his board (lost 4-2 to glenn spearing) and to the semi's of the youths.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

He lost 4-3 to Glen Spearing mackeire in an absolutely cracking match. Peacocke has the potential to go places.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    He lost 4-3 to Glen Spearing mackeire in an absolutely cracking match. Peacocke has the potential to go places.

he told me 4-2

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Was 4-3, I marked the game!

Competition in the Silver Tassie this Thursday 9th of February. €10 entry fee and you receive a free drinks voucher. Registration ends at half 8 sharp! Games start at 9:00. Borough league players only.

For more info

Quarter finals
    mark roe 4 v 3 pj bryan
    glenn fitzpatrick 4 v 3 billy matthews
    kevin o callaghan 4 v 3 anto lynch
    mick cummins 4 v 3 robbie smith

Semi finals
    glenn fitzpstrick 4 v 1 kevin o callaghan
    mick cummins 4 v 1 mark roe

Final
    glenn fitzpatrick 5 v 1 mick cummins

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

Final 5-2 not that it mattered :-)

Final 5-2 not that it mattered :-)
    haha sorry magnet.

Cracking competition lads,with a very high standard of darts.The final was one of the best I've seen,with all but one of the legs won in 18 darts or less.There's definitely some fantastic talent in the borough league,and I'm proud to be associated with these competitions.Can't wait for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 werdan

are there regular competitions in the bar?
    i have started practicing and playing a lot lately so trying to get some competition experience so going to play in as many singles tournaments as i can find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 bassett173

were is the borough and why is your comps only restricted to thse players
    i play ncdl darts and have to travel to play but if there ws anything closer to home i would be willing to giv it a spin

bassett173 wrote: »
    were is the borough and why is your comps only restricted to thse players
    i play ncdl darts and have to travel to play but if there ws anything closer to home i would be willing to giv it a spin

The Borough league is generally around the Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown area in south co Dublin there also a couple of teams from Bray and Rathnew in Wicklow. The tournaments are open to anyone it was just the first one that was a closed shop. The Silver Tassie is actually quite handy to get to and from as it is just off the M50(Take Cherrywood exit,2nd exit off roundabout then the nesxt right onto the N11 and you will see the Tassie on your right you just have to go up to the next roundabout and turn around) alos the no.7 bus leaves you a 5 minute walk to the pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Anyone got last nights results. Had to leave early. Cheers.

I think Gus Flemming beat Dennis Fitz in the final.

Advertisement