Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fulham Away

Options
  • 04-11-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Wouldn't it be great to get another 3 points before the 2 week break. It wont be easy though. Even though they played several first teamers last night, they will make it very difficult for us on such a tight pitch. As per Danny Murphy last Sunday, they will get in our faces and try and ensure our footballers dont get on the ball with time and space etc..

The team is very predictable at this stage which is not something you could say very often about us over the last couple of years !

In current form though, I'd fancy us 2-1..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I suppose the 'jol factor' means anything could happen. He's bound to have been preparing them for this game for a while. I'll take the draw.

Having a well rested squad could make the difference.

Ironic that Jol will be pitch-side and HR wont!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Good advantage over Martin Jol’s Fulham as you said with them pretty much playing a strong squad last night. Have to say Johnson’s 1st or 2nd goal was spectacular.

Did they not trounce us last season at Craven Cottage 4-0 or something similar, with the gimp Hutton getting sent off early? Or was that in the cup.

At the moment the football were playing is sublime, one touch football. We should be on the box every weekend god damn it. I’d take a draw, but obviously would love the win. Scott Parker you're my hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

tricky game, would take a 0-1 now if offered

might even take a draw

not looking forward to it, we generally don't do very well down there

We are a sorry bunch in here eh? :D

Playing some of the best football we've played in years, on a great run of form, super results in last 7 PL games and lets face it we are playing a very ordinary Fulham side yet we're all fretting over the next game.
    suppose thats what been a spurs fan will do to you!

Any other team and the supporters would be putting their mortgage on an away win!

Which brings me nicely to my next problem ... I have two fulham defenders on my FF team, oh the dilemma!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jonp

Have confidence boys. There is a reason Fulham only have 10 points from 10 games. I think we will be too good for them. Plus Addieboy must be due a couple by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

We are a sorry bunch in here eh? :D

Playing some of the best football we've played in years, on a great run of form, super results in last 7 PL games and lets face it we are playing a very ordinary Fulham side yet we're all fretting over the next game.
    suppose thats what been a spurs fan will do to you!

Any other team and the supporters would be putting their mortgage on an away win!

Which brings me nicely to my next problem ... I have two fulham defenders on my FF team, oh the dilemma!!!

No easy games in the Premier League and all that ;)

Also have followed football long enough to never take any result for granted. Away games are always tricky, take Blackburn a few weeks back as an example. COYS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

jonp wrote: »
    Have confidence boys. There is a reason Fulham only have 10 points from 10 games. I think we will be too good for them. Plus Addieboy must be due a couple by now.

This is true. Ade hasn't scored in a few - he's come close a lot, but just hasn't put them in the net. He's contributed really well outside of scoring and we've still been winning, so if he can get back to putting the ball in the net we'll be flying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

0-2 win for us i think. With the way we are playing, theres no reason why Fulham should prove to be any challenge. VDV and Bale to score :)

Fullham will be dangerous from set pieces, if Bassong plays then Hangeland will target him at free kicks and corners.

1-2 to us hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm say 2-1 win. We'll rush into a quick lead (Ade brace?) hit the post about 4 times with fulham getting one early in the second half making tense viewing. I'd take 0-1 now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm say 2-1 win. We'll rush into a quick lead (Ade brace?) hit the post about 4 times with fulham getting one early in the second half making tense viewing. I'd take 0-1 now!!!

Plenty of players coming out saying they want to win Sunday for Harry . Great to see such comradarie at the lane

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Vital game following wins for Arsenal, Newcastle, and the two manchester teams. Newcastle have to be considered as contenodrs while they keep racking up wins. If we win we go into the break in great form and in touch. A lot of big games coming up for the rest of the top seven soon, we have just Chelsea before Christmas, I think.
    A win here shows we won't go away. Liverpools draw gibes a chance to go three clear with a game in hand over both them and Arsenal, the two teams considered our rivals for top 4. I don't see Chelsea as being any better than that three, and think we can challenge for 3rd or better.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

tough game,they've had some good results at home,2-2 with city and 6-0 over QPR. but they also had a near full strength team out v krackow on thursday so hopefully tiredness might come into it.
    if we can get ahead early we could get the 3 points,2-1 win for me.....adebayor and defoe to come off the bench with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Team is unchanged from last week

Friedel
    Walker Kaboul King Benny
    Lennon Parker Modric Bale
    VDV
    Ade

And here are our subs - Cudicini, Bassong, Corluka, Livermore, Pienaar, Sandro, Defoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

1-0 stunning run from walker to make that ball... Bale crosses it in takes a deflection in from the left and in the net...

Great game so far

COYS !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Glebee

0-1. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

1-0 Baird OG.

Take a bow Aaron. Great goal in fairness to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Some touch from bale !!
    Great finish...

Kaboul and Parker in the wars today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Savage goal there. Brilliant flick from Bale and great run and finish from Lennon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Blatter wrote: »
    Savage goal there. Brilliant flick from Bale and great run and finish from Lennon.

welcome blatter, Now lets get a third.

i luv BMJ

COYS

No doubt Fulham will be out of the blocks quickly in the 2nd half. Dont want a repeat of the OPR game starting off lackadaisical. Next goal is vital.

Great save Brad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

1-2. That's been coming all day.

we very rarely make it easy on ourselves do we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

i'd give defoe half an hour , ade having a mare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    No doubt Fulham will be out of the blocks quickly in the 2nd half. Dont want a repeat of the OPR game starting off lackadaisical. Next goal is vital.

Why bring on a striker ?? Take off vdv and bring on sandro and put 5 in the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

mickman wrote: »
    Why bring on a striker ?? Take off vdv and bring on sandro and put 5 in the middle

Totally agree with this.

We never make it easy for ourselves do we!!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

we are rattled very badly, we need to keep possession!!! this is awful to watch now!

• Advertisement

Jaysus this is intense.

Advertisement