Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holes in Strawberry leaves

Options
  • 04-11-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

I have lots of little holes starting to develop in strawberry plants from runners. They are in 2 lt pots. Any ideas what could be causing it and what i can do? Is it serious? Thanks, these are my crop for next year (hopefully)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

Are the Holes on the edges of the leaves? if so good chance its one of the Vine Weevils Strawberry plants are a favourite... did you use peat in the pots ??? tends to encourge them to vist the plants or so I have found

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Thanks Jezko. No the holes are mostly in the middle of the leaves. Of course some have been munched from the edges inwards, a couple almost gone completely. I threw in a few slug pellets and caught some so I'm hoping that's all it is. I used potting compost in some, and homemade garden compost in others.
    I did notice a few things that looked like snow white moths. These were tiny, I'd say about 1-2 mm max. Never saw anything like them before.

Advertisement