Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Corporation buy your house?

Options
  • 04-11-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I hope I'm on the right forum for this question.

My friend is desperate to sell her house, its been on the market for a while and has had only a few viewers. It is down to its lowest price and is in good repair & in a good area in the city. A few weeks ago, someone from Limerick Corporation called to value the house (this was arranged with one of the auctioneers & my friend was not informed of this until the woman arrived, she assumed it was a viewer). She has not heard from them since & doesnt want to phone to check whether they are interested or not (at least not yet).

Has anyone here had any dealings with the Corporation regarding buying their house? Did it take long for them to come back with a deal? How was it doing business with them? Do they have a budget on how much they can spend? Someone told her they get a new budget in November, but that might not be true. Can other people in the area object and stop any sale going through?

Ok thanks in advance if anyone has any info or gone through this themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭Villa05

Limerick Corporation are the only purchasers of property in Limerick at the moment. This is probably why no one else wants to buy property there

There policy appears that the property has to be in turn key condition, or minimum works to get the property to that condition. They tend to leave the rubbish to those who have to actually work to provide shelter for themselves and their families. What a country eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If the Corpo won't buy and the friend can't get it sold have a look at the RAS scheme
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/local_authority_and_social_housing/rental_accommodation_scheme.html

The house has to be in good condition though so items like fire alarms and proper windows and so on will have to be done first.

It's for landlords who want a long term contract, can be up to four years I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mijas

Thank you both for your replies. Will pass that on to my friend.

Advertisement