Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parts for planer

Options
  • 04-11-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi All,
    This is my first post on this forum.
    Just wondering if anyone on here would know of anybody who can supply parts for an old thickneser/planer.

Its a Lurem, c410n, it was built in 1982. All it needs are belts a chain and its also missing a pulley.

I'm sure there are people that service these old machines, just wondering if anybody knows of anyone.

Many thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

A quick search there and I see Lurem are part of Metabo.... McQuillans are metabo stockist, they might be able to help you. Contact details here http://www.mcquillantools.ie/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

If you have no luck with McQuillans, come back to us :), belts chains and pulleys can be bought easily from other sources.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

earpiece wrote: »
    A quick search there and I see Lurem are part of Metabo.... McQuillans are metabo stockist, they might be able to help you. Contact details here http://www.mcquillantools.ie/
    No offence meant to you Earpiece - delighted you posted the link, but wouldn't you think McQ's would have a half decent website in this day and age? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

slowburner wrote: »
    No offence meant to you Earpiece - delighted you posted the link, but wouldn't you think McQ's would have a half decent website in this day and age? :confused:

You know, that strikes me a very odd... they are a great supplier, but in 2011 to not have an online shop or even some product descriptions is almost commercial suicide...... might drop them a note for their suggestion box.

Agreed, and compare their site to this one
    I would much prefer to buy from an Irish retailer but even trying to get McQ's to post something after paying with a cc can be a strange experience, to say the least.
    I am sorry to say that it is easier for me to meet a courier delivering from the UK than travel to Blanchardstown or Capel street. I guess a lot of people think the same. Hopefully, they will move with the times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭selfdiy

slowburner wrote: »
    If you have no luck with McQuillans, come back to us :), belts chains and pulleys can be bought easily from other sources.

Thanks All, I already tried McQuillans who would have sold these 30 years ago.

They didn't know where to get parts for it. So i'm all ears for the other sources :-)

Thanks Again...

selfdiy wrote: »
    Thanks All, I already tried McQuillans who would have sold these 30 years ago.

They didn't know where to get parts for it. So i'm all ears for the other sources :-)

Thanks Again...
    If you know all the dimensions for the parts you could get on to an engineering parts supplier. I get stuff like this fairly often (:rolleyes:) when machines break down from Arklow Bearing supplies in Arklow obviously (see here for contact details) - but there are loads of other suppliers around.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

A company like Scott & Seargeant in the UK are a huge seller of second hand machines,.. they probably know how to get spare parts.

Otherwise it's an engineering shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭selfdiy

Thanks for all the info. I'll check out some of those leads.

Be great if some one has one of these machines and could post a picture of the drive setup. I have a feeling there is more then just the pulley missing :-(

Advertisement