Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weightloss for men??

Options
  • 04-11-2011 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

hi there.

Just wondering if anyone can help me to lose weight before christmas. i am 14 stone and 6 foot 1. What can i do to lose weight and have a better life style. I just joined a gym so would like to know what could i do in there. i would like to lose at least 2 stone. any help would be greatfully appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

EddyR wrote: »
    hi there.

Just wondering if anyone can help me to lose weight before christmas. i am 14 stone and 6 foot 1. What can i do to lose weight and have a better life style. I just joined a gym so would like to know what could i do in there. i would like to lose at least 2 stone. any help would be greatfully appreciated.

thanks

2 stone loss before xmas would not be advisable.
    Anyway a normal weight for your height would be around 13-7 (BMI etc)

You need to do a lot of cardio (running, cycling, rowing etc) at least 4 times per week for 45 mins at least.
    This would get your heart rate up into a fat burning zone.
    You will burn cals.
    You will lose weight (provided you eat sensibly!!!)

I reckon in 7/8 weeks you could lose 10-12 pounds.
    Anything much more than this could be unhealthy.

There is no magic.
    Cals out must be more than cals in!!!
    Simples!!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement