Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most popular paper

• 04-11-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just doing a little bit of research.

What would be the most popular paper in Limerick City?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Purchased Limerick Leader
    Free Limerick Post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Do you mean local or national?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Local.

I believe the POST has greater numbers but that is down to circulation.

Which is consider the no. 1 paper in Limerick City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I dont particularly like either tho' The Leader used to do a reasonable Sports section and local (parish) notes, not sure about now as I dont buy it and would rearly look at it online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

probably the leader. Everyone gets the post cos its free but if they were side by side for some cash money it'd be the leader.

Actrually probably the star or something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭skyguy19

the post, it used to be the Leader but I stopped buying it since they stoppped printing it in this country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Iang87 wrote: »
    probably the leader. Everyone gets the post cos its free but if they were side by side for some cash money it'd be the leader.

Actrually probably the star or something

If they both had the same stuff, I would buy the Post. Its edited far better than the leader, and the leader can be a bit biased towards certain sports clubs etc.

POST either way is better for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Mc Love wrote: »
    If they both had the same stuff, I would buy the Post. Its edited far better than the leader, and the leader can be a bit biased towards certain sports clubs etc.

Yaya, the leader has gone south in recent times. The Post has at least been inventive in its content.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RaoulPuke

I'm not sure how you would tell which is most popular. Circulation figures that the publications quote I'd imagine are inaccurate, as in, a unit shoved through your letter box that goes straight to the recycling bin is a unit of circulation, as often happens the Leader's Chronicle, but not the Post cause that's worth the read.
    I generally find that if I read the Chronicle that's shoved through the door on a Tues or Weds it ruins the news that I read in the Post on Thurs :D

Mc Love wrote: »

oh its like that is it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They're both littered with spelling and grammar errors every week. I'd offer to proof-read them for free before printing if I thought they'd take me up on the offer!

They're both littered with spelling and grammar errors every week. I'd offer to proof-read them for free before printing if I thought they'd take me up on the offer!

and ads thats the part that gets me with the post. 4 pages of info and 60 pages of ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Iang87 wrote: »
    oh its like that is it

Yeah thats exactly like it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭black & white

Not sure if this helps or not but a local organisation that were looking for volunteers recently placed ads in the local papers/radio etc. When people contacted the organisation to express interest, a survey was conducted to see where people had seen or heard about it, approx 70% stated the Post.

Advertisement