Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colic - Number 3 teeth

Options
  • 04-11-2011 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

We have been advised to change our 4 week old son's feed to Comfort to ease Colic. Problem is that he cant really get it into him. It's a thicker formula. He seems to be sucking goodo but not much leaving bottle. We are using Number 2 and are thinkin of getting Number 3 teeth. Will this be OK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Are you using Av*nt bottles? I'm using them and changed to the comfort formula too. The number 2 teats were too slow so used the number 3. There are variflow teats for thicker liquids that have 3 levels of flow in one but even the slowest of the three was too fast. After a few weeks we tried the variflow again and he still couldn't manage the flow so we moved to the number 4 av*nt teats and he used those up until this week and he's now 17 weeks and is on the slowest level on the variflow teats. I guess it's trial and error with them. I bought one pack of each and tried them all until I find one that suited him.
    Also with the comfort formula I found that the water has to be quite warm for the powder to melt in it and as the formula cools down it gets thicker and we sometimes have to reheat the milk to thin it out a bit again for him!!!
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Are you using Av*nt bottles? I'm using them and changed to the comfort formula too. The number 2 teats were too slow so used the number 3. There are variflow teats for thicker liquids that have 3 levels of flow in one but even the slowest of the three was too fast.

After a few weeks we tried the variflow again and he still couldn't manage the flow so we moved to the number 4 av*nt teats and he used those up until this week and he's now 17 weeks and is on the slowest level on the variflow teats. I guess it's trial and error with them. I bought one pack of each and tried them all until I find one that suited him.
    Also with the comfort formula I found that the water has to be quite warm for the powder to melt in it and as the formula cools down it gets thicker and we sometimes have to reheat the milk to thin it out a bit again for him!!!
    Best of luck.

We had the exact same experience, the poor child was drowning in milk. We had to switch back to the normal milk, then i got Gripe water and used that during the day and maybe just the colic drops once in the evening. It also may have been that she grew out of it.

I also tried tesco wide neck teats and boots wide neck tests, they also fit ave*t bottles. They were just too fast for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LarryMac

Thanks both. We got a Av@nt teeth for thick formula. He's wolfed down the last 3 bottles but only a small bit of sick so gona stick with it for a few days. We also are using infacol before each feed. Gona try him with 4 ounces today and maybe he might sleep a bit more. :). Might get some gripe water next week depending on how it goes.

Advertisement