Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coat for greyhound

• 04-11-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a coat for my parent's newly adopted greyhound to wear out walking. I've seen the Ancol greyhound coat online (but out of stock) and am wondering if anyone can reccommend it. Should we get a coat specifically designed for greyhounds or would any dog coat be ok? I'm looking for something warm and waterproof. Also, would the one coat suffice in very cold weather or would I also need to get some sort of underblanket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bannermaf

Make sure you get a coat specifically designed for greyhounds. Their body-type is so unique, a general-shaped coat wouldn't fit them properly.

I have an un-insulated, water-proof coat for chilly or rainy weather, and also an insulated water-resistant coat for when it's really cold.

I bought mine off ebay. You should expect to pay 15-20 for a "raincoat" and 20-30 for an insulated winter coat.

Advertisement