Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 50/100mb broadband

• 04-11-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I'm currently with UPC on their 30mb BB only package. I wanted to upgrade to 50mb or 100mb but when I called them they said its not available in my area. They had no idea why or when it would be available.

Anyone know a reason behind this? Is it related to the cabling in my area or the equipment they are using?

Currently I pay 49.99 a month for 30mb but UPC are offering 50mb for 45 a month. Seems like a no-brainer to want to switch but looks like I'm outta luck trying to get the upgrade.

Chis

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Well, you could downgrade to 25Mb which isn't very different and only costs €35, and wait for them to upgrade. Tell them the reason you downgraded is because 50Mb wasn't available and they might hurry up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

chisler wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently with UPC on their 30mb BB only package. I wanted to upgrade to 50mb or 100mb but when I called them they said its not available in my area. They had no idea why or when it would be available.

Anyone know a reason behind this? Is it related to the cabling in my area or the equipment they are using?

Currently I pay 49.99 a month for 30mb but UPC are offering 50mb for 45 a month. Seems like a no-brainer to want to switch but looks like I'm outta luck trying to get the upgrade.

Chis

What will you use the 50mb connection for? As suggested downgrade to the 25mb and wait till upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

I'm in the same boat. Would i need to sign a contract for another year to avail of the cheaper 25mb package?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Steo46

I signed up for the 100mb package. Its the worst service that I ever had. There is a problem with the power supply unit for the Thompson modems and UPC are not interested in fixing this despite numerous calls to their support line. I wouldn't recommend this service to anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Steo46 wrote: »
    I signed up for the 100mb package. Its the worst service that I ever had. There is a problem with the power supply unit for the Thompson modems and UPC are not interested in fixing this despite numerous calls to their support line. I wouldn't recommend this service to anybody.

Whats the issue? Say modem is broken and you will get a replacment...

• Advertisement
Advertisement