Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost & Damned or Ballad of Gay Tony?

• 04-11-2011 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭

Just want peoples opinions on this. Im thinking of downloading one of these and I'm unsure which one to get. Which is better in the long run for playability, missions and overall enjoyment? Cheers for any responses!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Ballad of Gay Tony by far. Much more enjoyable imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Keith186

shrewdness wrote: »
    Ballad of Gay Tony by far. Much more enjoyable imo.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

TBOGT reminded me of Vice City a little bit. It doesn't take itself too seriously either and is more fun than L&D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

More helicopter and parachute fun in TBOGT

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Playing TBoGT right now, it's great fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

BOGT by a mile!

LandD was boring in my opinion. Plus motorcycles and gta never seem to mix well...

Weapons in BOGT are more... shall we say... explosive :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

TBOGT all the way. Didnt enjoy the lost and the damned at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah fcuk sake this thread had me going off to donwload tbogt never downloaded because i found loast and damned boring, turn on my xbox having trouble doing a software update so cant sign into xbox live stupid thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

How much does it cost to download on the PS3? does it make a difference that I have GTA 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Just completed BoGT a minute ago :) I got GTA Episodes from liberty city (TBoGT & TL&D) for 25 euro in GAME yesterday, new

• Advertisement

Definitely TBoGT.

TL&D bored the arse off me like GTA IV the main game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I preferred the story, characters and tone of Lost and Damned out of the three (including GTA4 itself), but if it's a choice between TLAD and TBOGT, for sheer fun, replayability and gameplay, it has to be TBOGT. Way more variety and fun, and the mission scores and challenges really add to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I dunno if its the same in Ireland, but in the UK it's essentially the same price for Episodes from Liberty City on Disc, as to download either of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

tbogt all the way your the owner of a night club and ya can have drinken games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I 50th that notion about TBOGT. It's much more enjoyable. There's something alluring about the disco theme throughout the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

TL&TD had a gritty feel to it and was a fine game that I'm not sorry I bought but TBOGT just hit the GTA nail on the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Ballad of Gay Tony for sure - the game GTA IV should have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If it's a choice between the two, TBoGT wins hands down. Much more fun. Much more replay value.

But if you can afford it, get them both on disc, because you'll prabably get a used copy of Episodes from Liberty City in Gamestop for dead cheap now, and TLAD is worth a playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Very novicey question here, but do you need the original GTA IV to play these or can you just download them straight to play

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Very novicey question here, but do you need the original GTA IV to play these or can you just download them straight to play

You can just download them and play. :)

You'd also get the disc version for €20-25 easily now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Pretty sure they're stand-alones. But I had the disc version so I could be wrong.

You can just download them and play. :)

You'd also get the disc version for €20-25 easily now.

Brilliant. My PS3 isnt reading discs. I'll download tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

*Bursts in door*
    Wait! Stop!
    I think you do need the gta4 disc to play the downloaded DLCs, but you can buy the standalone "Tales from liberty city" dlc in the shop to play without the original gta4 disc.

Unfortunately that doenst really help your cause. :(

CMpunked wrote: »
    *Bursts in door*
    Wait! Stop!
    I think you do need the gta4 disc to play the downloaded DLCs, but you can buy the standalone "Tales from liberty city" dlc in the shop to play without the original gta4 disc.

Unfortunately that doenst really help your cause. :(

NOOOO!

Unfortunately you're right. :(:(:(:(:(

Hulk Hanks, I'm sooooo, sooooo, sorry. :(

From Wikipedia for the disc version of the games:
    Unlike the downloadable versions of the episodes, the compilation does not require a copy of Grand Theft Auto IV to play

Which means the downloadable versions require the disc. Damn.

But wouldn't you get a description of the game before you download? In there it should say "Requires GTA IV to play" or something, so hopefully he didn't download it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

ThanksAmoral should buy a copy of GTA IV for him now. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ThanksAmoral should buy a copy of GTA IV for him now. :pac:

That would be pretty mean seeing as he cant play discs. :pac:

Now now, there' nothing to say he downloaded it yet.

Besides, it was my birthday yesterday, I'm allowed to make amateur mistakes like this. (For some reason).
    That would be pretty mean seeing as he cant play discs.

Oh, I forgot about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

CMpunked wrote: »
    That would be pretty mean seeing as he cant play discs. :pac:

It would be hilarious though.:D

Thanks for all your concern lads! Thankfully I decided to watch American Football last night instead so the downloading got postponed. Anyways, I checked there, it def doesn't say that you need the disk on the download screen. Playstation should really tell customers that.

Anyways, maybe it's a good thing. I might finally get off my arse now and order that laser part I need from ebay :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Anyways, maybe it's a good thing. I might finally get off my arse now and order that laser part I need from ebay :pac:
    Did you get sharks this time?

Advertisement