Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nat 2 --> Nat 1 on PS3 Eircom Black Router(ZyXEL)

• 04-11-2011 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Anybody could help me?

I have black (ZyXEL) Router from Eircom and i have problem with my Nat Type,i need Nat Type 1 on my PS3
    I think i need just login and password to set PPoE,but i cant find
    eircom@eircom.net and pass : broadband1 not working
    broadband1 and pass broadband 1 not working

Anybody help me?

Thnx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

NAT type 1 on the PS3 is when you disable the routing functions on your router and use the PS3 to make the PPPoE connection. So if you go down this route, when you are using the PS3 it will be the only device with internet access. There should be no benefit between type 2 and type 1 as type 2 is the code Sony uses to represent when the PS3 is behind a router but has all the necessary ports open.

Are you sure you want to do this?

If so then I'm guessing the step you are missing is putting your router into bridge mode. To do this goto http://192.168.1.254 then to "network" on the left and then "Internet(wan)". Change the modem under "General" from routing to bridge. Click apply down the bottom and wait for it to say "Configuration updated successfully". At this point the internet will stop working on your PC but you should be able to get the PS3 to dial the PPPoE connection. To go back you just have to undo the above steps.

Advertisement