Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DEIS School Inspection

• 04-11-2011 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Apologies if there already is a thread for this but looked and couldn't find one.

The DEIS school I teach in has just found out we are to have a DEIS inspection. I was wondering has anyone on this forum had experience of this? Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭golden virginia

I have never heard of a DEIS inspection, but a few years ago i remember an audit. This was before DEIS - it was called the ESF disadvantaged schools scheme as far as I remember. It really was an audit of money usage as opposed to an inspection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I'm in a DEIS school and we're having an inspection the week after next. It's not a DEIS inspection though and it's not the same as a full WSE apparently, it's being called a Management, Leadership and Learning evaluation. We have been told to make sure that DEIS planning is in our policies, but maybe this is different to the one you're having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm in a DEIS school and we're having an inspection the week after next. It's not a DEIS inspection though and it's not the same as a full WSE apparently, it's being called a Management, Leadership and Learning evaluation. We have been told to make sure that DEIS planning is in our policies, but maybe this is different to the one you're having.
    That was the one they were piloting last year. I was under the impression that they were going to be replacing the WSE with the WSE MLL but perhaps they're still piloting it. I was in a school that had it. It was grand. They survey the students and parents and the questions are ridiculous so the answers can be entertaining. They also talk to the heads of various programmes like TY and LCVP and to a group of students who, as far as I can remember, are chosen by the school itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭moonsun12

Just got a chance to look back at the thread. Back in work and have recieved more info. It is not an inspection but a 'Focused evaluation'. They will be looking at all areas related to DEIS such as ;working groups of Literacy, Attainment etc; HSCL; JCSP and all other 'DEIS' areas. Also, there will be interviews of Parents, students and questionaires for these. They will be with us for 3 days. Hopefully an OP out there will have come across this?

It seems very similiar to the one you are having implausible....

Advertisement