Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronicles of a fish: the days of surf and turf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Well done Dory no more then you deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Correction...official time....3:21:00. Really? ":00"???? Fecking really?? Half Marathon deja vu. 3:20 sounded so much better. But in any event, my man with the plan did me a super fab job. Thank you, ecoli!!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Correction...official time....3:21:00. Really? ":00"???? Fecking really?? Half Marathon deja vu. 3:20 sounded so much better. But in any event, my man with the plan did me a super fab job. Thank you, ecoli!!!!! :)

As I have said before making the plan is the easy part. Implementing it and putting in the work is the hard part and you nailed that. Congrats on the PB its very well deserved.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Second schmecond. Though speaking from experience, missing a time by seconds drives you on so next time youll take another massive leap forward. Which, lets face it, is the bigger picture. You are improving so much, so fast, its inspiring to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Congrats DD. Cracking stuff :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Well done again DD and it was great to meet you in McGrattan's afterwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Fantastic performance in your race Dory, and it was an absolute pleasure to finally meet you face to face. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Well done yesterday. Also great to finally meet you Dory! I hope you enjoy the rest of the week here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Delighted to finally meet you and share the road with you. You are one tough cookie!! Congrats on the massive pb, those last few miles were tough so well done on digging deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

You Rock! I busted my chops to get up to meet you at the 9ish mile mark. My goal, simply to run with you for a bit :o The 13 miles of pain that followed was worth it! Sorry I couldn't keep up longer, damn cramps. Thats half the forfeit complete. Just owe you the bitter sweet tale of that little token, over coffee perhaps? :D

Oh and congrats again on a smashing run. Kudos to your coach but you are simply one tough and tiny cookie! They say that great things come in small packages eh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Huge Congratulations DD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Congrats DD, great running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Congrats on a super shiny new PB DD:D 6th in your AG category is a fantastic result:)
    Hope you're enjoying the rest of your break here in Ireland. We were so happy to have a slice of DoryPie and have you stay with us, you are the perfect guest and are welcome back anytime, although I'd imagine you have a queue of people waiting to put you up on your next visit to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

A truly excellent performance Carol, you should be so proud of that achievement. How many days do you have left here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Marthastew wrote: »
    Congrats on a super shiny new PB DD:D 6th in your AG category is a fantastic result:)
    Hope you're enjoying the rest of your break here in Ireland. We were so happy to have a slice of DoryPie and have you stay with us, you are the perfect guest and are welcome back anytime, although I'd imagine you have a queue of people waiting to put you up on your next visit to Ireland.

Should have signed her up with an AAI club. Would have a national medal to go along with your own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I thought you'd be taller. :)

Congrats on a super run and great to see you finally hitting the times you deserve. Plenty more to come though.

Taller? Tiny?? National medal?? (dammit!!!! and I do have Irish citizenship, you know!) Ques of people waiting to put me up??? ;)

Report to follow....probably in a few days since I'm still on holiday here until Sunday!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Delighted for you DD and so well deserved. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Ireland. Sorry I didn't get to meet you. Next time hopefully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

Cracking run Dory, well done. +1 on enjoying your stay in Ireland and make sure RQ gets those cookies/muffins to you. I'm still waiting on Nassau St for the cuppa she promised me on Monday...

Abhainn wrote: »
    A truly excellent performance Carol, you should be so proud of that achievement. How many days do you have left here?

Hey Joe! Thanks, and great to see you and the missus, even if ever so brief. I'll be here until Sunday. Been traveling in Cork and Kerry the last few days and willl be back in Dublin tomorrow until I leave for home. Already hating the thoughts of leaving this place, but I'll be back for sure.

A few on here have metioned an annual gathering of like minded boardsies - sounds great, to be honest. In fact, I was so jazzed after McGrattrans and expericing the camaraderie that was at our table and around the venue that I couldn't help but wonder if there was a team event somewhere we all could participate in together...as a team, or two or three. Would be great fun, each pulling for the other....working together....and/or competing against each other. Could be a blast. Something to keep in mind perhaps. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hey Joe! Thanks, and great to see you and the missus, even if ever so brief. I'll be here until Sunday. Been traveling in Cork and Kerry the last few days and willl be back in Dublin tomorrow until I leave for home. Already hating the thoughts of leaving this place, but I'll be back for sure.

A few on here have metioned an annual gathering of like minded boardsies - sounds great, to be honest. In fact, I was so jazzed after McGrattrans and expericing the camaraderie that was at our table and around the venue that I couldn't help but wonder if there was a team event somewhere we all could participate in together...as a team, or two or three. Would be great fun, each pulling for the other....working together....and/or competing against each other. Could be a blast. Something to keep in mind perhaps. :)

We used to do teams for the marathon relay in Cork in June. Maybe the tri guys won't be as interested in that during their season though :)

We used to do teams for the marathon relay in Cork in June. Maybe the tri guys won't be as interested in that during their season though :)

I'm sort of thinking more mud and muck and laughs and screaming...but a relay in Cork in June with the refined runners works too. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Not a marathon (lets return this log to normality), but there are plenty of tri team events that would love a real fish on their start leg... I think it's a good idea to pick some tri for a boards relay smack down (probably want to not be a NS race though).

I'm sort of thinking more mud and muck and laughs and screaming...but a relay in Cork in June with the refined runners works too. ;)

There's been known to be wrestling in cork...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

There's been known to be wrestling in cork...

What? Wrestling boards' hoochies in mud?! :D***puts hand up frantically..*

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What? Wrestling boards' hoochies in mud?! :D***puts hand up frantically..*

The stud's in, girls! Game on!

Thought on a more somber note our mascot flies back whence she came tomorrow. :( I had hoped that she would stay for Cadburys, if not for us.

^^^ If I could stay I would, but alas I must travel back across the pond. I will, however, be back. I promise. I will take on you studs, studettes and our ever awesome Barbie as a team or as competitors....so think we MUST look to doing a team event - mud and all - as a family. You guys pick the place and time and I will be there. For sure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Safe journey home dory. Delighted you had such a great time here. Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet up with you. Next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

A little pic to remember a few of us :)

• Advertisement

Oh God, I'd hoped you might have dropped your phone down a toilet or something after taking that

Advertisement