Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronicles of a fish: the days of surf and turf

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Enjoy!

And my prediction still stands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Give it socks. Enjoy and learn from the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Setting up transition now. I think I have way too many gels attached to bike. ???? Any way....here I go..... :eek: ;)

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Setting up transition now. I think I have way too many gels attached to bike. ???? Any way....here I go..... :eek: ;)

Better to look at them than for them. :)

Is tracking working for anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Best of luck Dory. Give it socks

40.46 swim for our girl, 40th placing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Oryx wrote: »
    40.46 swim for our girl, 40th placing.

Unusually slow times from everyone for a 1.9km- it must be long/current/far from trans.

3:18:17 for the bike.

But 4:19 for T1... oh for a transition webcam of Dory taking off her wetsuit;)

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    3:18:17 for the bike.

But 4:19 for T1... oh for a transition webcam of Dory taking off her wetsuit;)

They had fanny peelers so she must have stopped for tea ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Must have been a very tough swim with swim prime being over 30 minutes, he must have been an uber fish to boot as he had a big lead. She lost 10 minutes on what she would normally expect at a minimum. Hope she paced the bike well as she will need her running legs to get sub 6 now

She'll do sub six. Been running well lately.

Done. Flat Fecking tire mile 5....nearly did me in....took an age to change. Moving bike time was 3:01:xx per bike computer....I suspect it took 15 to 20 mins to change???? Briefly thought I was done for the day but thank god for nice people. :)

Finish time?

Time 6:01:( but apparently swim was 1.6 miles and then there was the 15 plus min flat change. But...got 2nd in my age! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Well done Dory

So without the issues you would have smashed sub 6. Good going.

But I am really annoyed with their website. No tracking and no results! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭griffin100

Ok, I estimated 35ish swim, 3.10-15 bike, 1.45run, 10 mins transition = 3.30-40. I never planned for a long swim or a puncture!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done champ :)

Well done today, pity about the puncture, but you have a nice big sub 5:30 target for your next race. What was the swim like?

• Advertisement

Well done today, pity about the puncture, but you have a nice big sub 5:30 target for your next race. What was the swim like?

Swim was very choppy. Nearly got seasick....and hard to see buoys. We had to exit at the end of a long pier up a flight of steps. And yes Oryx, I took full advantage of the hunk doing the fanny peeling. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Don't be so easy on her Kurt, I would expect her to go sub 5.15 in Eagleman!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭griffin100

And yes Oryx, I took full advantage of the hunk doing the fanny peeling. :D

I think I've seen that film!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Job done ! Lessons learned?

Take away last weeks hm, today's puncture & long swim - gotta give you a hint of things to come. And an ag placing to boot ! As some one once said : Woo hoo !

Btw, how far off 1st in ag were you ?

Ps. What the heck is fanny peeling ...???

pgmcpq wrote: »
    Job done ! Lessons learned?

Take away last weeks hm, today's puncture & long swim - gotta give you a hint of things to come. And an ag placing to boot ! As some one once said : Woo hoo !

Btw, how far off 1st in ag were you ?

Ps. What the heck is fanny peeling ...???

Yes, LOTS of lessons learned. :) Good experience for me in that respect....in lots of respects, really.

5:35:50 was the gal's time who came in first in my age. Even without puncture, I would not have caught her. Interesting, though....I beat her on the swim and run, but she beat me on bike and in both transitions. A quick and dirty bit of math, and perhaps without the puncture and if I don't stop to make tea on my transitions, just maybe I could have taken her. Wow, my transitions suck. :(

Edit: She still would have beaten me by about 5 minutes. Oh well. But my transitions really do suck!!!

Fanny peeling...also known as wetsuit stripping. Strapping young men ask you to lay down while they yank your wetsuit off of you in one go. Brilliant!! And sort of fun. ;)

Woo hoo!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Congrats Dory on your first Half ironman distance race and its still a great result no matter what way you look at it!!!
    what i wouldn't give to get 2nd in my AG in any race!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

+1 to all the congrats. How cool is that to have your first half done and dusted. Super time! Well done Dory!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Fanny peeling...also known as wetsuit stripping. Strapping young men ask you to lay down while they yank your wetsuit off of you in one go. Brilliant!! And sort of fun. ;)

Wow. If I had a dirty mind there would be so many things I could do with that....

Wow. Because I have a dirty mind there are so many things I can do with that....

Fixed that for you. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Well done Dory, cracking result!

Advertisement