Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronicles of a fish: the days of surf and turf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Oryx wrote: »
    Still think you should wear a party hat all the way.

When's your birthday, missy?? If my memory serves me correctly it's sometime in the not too distant future. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Still think you should wear a party hat all the way.

Its as if you read my mind - post marathon birthday party - and Ive the hats already !!!

nothing fussy, I'd imagine DD isn't one for drama or taking centre stage ;)

interested wrote: »
    Its as if you read my mind - post marathon birthday party - and Ive the hats already !!!

nothing fussy, I'd imagine DD isn't one for drama or taking centre stage ;)

Please ingnore the man behind the curtain. Plus, I look really dorky in hats. Just doesn't go with my hair. ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dory Dory wrote: »
    When's your birthday, missy?? If my memory serves me correctly it's sometime in the not too distant future. ;)
    Its not till next year. Please don't make me old before my time!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Whats your itinerary post-marathon Dory? A soothing swim in Ringsend; a leisurely permambulation along our Capital's historic boardwalk; followed by Birthday martini's in Copper's?

With numbers swelling for the birthday party I nominate you Kurt to take the initiative and book somewhere appropriate. Ill book the cake. The streamers and birthday hats have already been sourced.

Again, nothing too extravagant ...

Yummmmm......I'll take that one, and that one, and that one.... ;)

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Whats your itinerary post-marathon Dory? A soothing swim in Ringsend; a leisurely permambulation along our Capital's historic boardwalk; followed by Birthday martini's in Copper's?
    With numbers swelling for the birthday party I nominate you Kurt to take the initiative and book somewhere appropriate. Ill book the cake. The streamers and birthday hats have already been sourced.

Again, nothing too extravagant ...

Boys....to paraphrase one of my favorite Monty Python skits....

My birthday's passed on! My birthday is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-BIRTHDAY!!

In other words...no matter how lovely the plumage is, no hats, no party...the voom has come and gone. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Boys....to paraphrase one of my favorite Monty Python skits....

My birthday's passed on! My birthday is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-BIRTHDAY!!

In other words...no matter how lovely the plumage is, no hats, no party...the voom has come and gone. ;)

It's just a bit stunned... probably pining for the fjords...

• Advertisement

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    It's just a bit stunned... probably pining for the fjords...

<switches now to the silver screen....>

And 'e's not only merely dead, 'e's really most sincerely dead.

<switches now to the silver screen....>

And 'e's not only merely dead, 'e's really most sincerely dead.

Well if you're Dorythy, can I be the tin man?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Oh Dear Lord that is a totally sinful website. Cake p0rn! I want them ALL :o:D

Well if you're Dorythy, can I be the tin man?

Are you saying you've no heart?? Or do you just like the shiny outfit and hatchet? :D

Monday, October 21st, 2013

Plan: easy peasy lemon squeezy :D

Gorgeous, gorgeous, good-god-gorgeous evening out there tonight. Wow. It was spectacular in the field. One of the nicest evenings this entire year, if I am honest. And the trot was lovely - just the perfect perky pace that epitomized the easy....and the body was happy. But the mind....the mind was racing with race details and what ifs and strategies. And then I decided I'd like to run at this easy pace for 26 miles in Dublin. :o But then I wouldn't get to run with my good cop bad cop gruesome twosome. ;):)

Actual: 9 field spins for 6.3 gorgeous miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Monday, October 21st, 2013

Plan: easy peasy lemon squeezy :D

Gorgeous, gorgeous, good-god-gorgeous evening out there tonight. Wow. It was spectacular in the field. One of the nicest evenings this entire year, if I am honest. And the trot was lovely - just the perfect perky pace that epitomized the easy....and the body was happy. But the mind....the mind was racing with race details and what ifs and strategies. And then I decided I'd like to run at this easy pace for 26 miles in Dublin. :o But then I wouldn't get to run with my good cop bad cop gruesome twosome. ;):)

Actual: 9 field spins for 6.3 gorgeous miles

Always wary when I don't see paces in your log, especially when I hear "perky pace" :D

ecoli wrote: »
    Always wary when I don't see paces in your log, especially when I hear "perky pace" :D

Nah...pinky swear I went easy. :D. Can't sleep at the moment - guess just too much damn excitement! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

Sorry Dory, haven't been around in a while but just popped in to say good luck in Dublin, sounds like you are in flying form for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Dory, give it socks, will be cheering you on.

Sorry Dory, haven't been around in a while but just popped in to say good luck in Dublin, sounds like you are in flying form for it.
    Dory, give it socks, will be cheering you on.

Aw, thanks!! The both of you!! :D

• Advertisement

Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013

Plan: easy

Another stellar evening out there tonight!!! But the weatherman is threatening to send us frost and chilly, chilly temps in the morning. Brrrrr!!!! That means I'll need to allot a little extra time in the morning to scrape the frost off the car window....which means I'll either have to hustle my buns in the morning or set the alarm for a little earlier. Neither option is blowing my skirt up.

This was an anit-perky paced trot tonight. ;) That's right, nothing perky at all about this run....only lullaby loping....all done while the sun set the sky on fire as it eased on down behind the Massanutten Mountain to the west. Lovely little run - the body and legs feel good and are feeling the love.

It occurred to me while I was on my last lap that this was my final field run before the big day, and that caused me brief reflection. It's a bit daunting to train for something so specifically for 24 weeks - to put all your eggs in one basket with the hope of performing at a certain level at one specific event. One shot. All or nothing. And to do this so publicly with the possibility of failure. Yikes! But the only way to guarantee you'll never fail is to never put yourself out there and try...and that's not what life is about in my opinion....that's not what's in our collective DNAs. So we all in this forum put ourselves out there and we try. :)

6 more sleeps!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Actual: 6.3 eeee-zzz final field miles

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It's a bit daunting to train for something so specifically for 24 weeks - to put all your eggs in one basket with the hope of performing at a certain level at one specific event. One shot. All or nothing.
    Is NYC definitely off the cards? Safe travels and see you in a couple of days...

"One shot. All or nothing."

- this should be familiar to you as a former swimmer
    - this is what makes it special
    - read through your sessions, your 24 weeks, take a close look ... pause .. realise what you've done, what you're going to do on the day - and make it happen.

Do not do anything between now and the start of the race that will negatively impact on your chance at achieving the objective.

Safe travels.

One shot. All or nothing.
    Sounds like a cue for my go-to guy when it comes to motivation. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

All the best C, hopefully I'll make it to McGrattans with some cake for you depending on how my supporting duties go, if I'm in town from the morning I won't be able to bring cake :(

When are you flying home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Best of luck DD, safe travels and stuff. a PB is definitely on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

So how are we going to spot you in the 3.20 group? Pink tutu? :D

RayCun wrote: »
    She will have a party hat.

Is NYC definitely off the cards? Safe travels and see you in a couple of days...

Yep. Deferred to next year. All things considered, it's the best decision.
    "One shot. All or nothing."

- this should be familiar to you as a swimmer
    - this is what makes it special
    - read through your sessions, your 24 weeks, take a close look ... pause .. realise what you've done, what you're going to do on the day - and make it happen.

Do not do anything between now and the start of the race that will negatively impact on your chance at achieving the objective.

Safe travels.

Fixed that for you. ;)
    Sounds like a cue for my go-to guy when it comes to motivation. ;)

I'm thinking more in terms of this....:D

All the best C, hopefully I'll make it to McGrattans with some cake for you depending on how my supporting duties go, if I'm in town from the morning I won't be able to bring cake :(

When are you flying home?

Ah, no worries about the cake as long as I get to finally meet you. :) I'm flying home Sunday, November 3rd.
    BennyMul wrote: »
    Best of luck DD, safe travels and stuff. a PB is definitely on the cards.

Thank you BM!! (that's so wrong!!! ;):D)

I'll be the one whose @ss is being double teamed by BeepBeep and JB.
    :eek:
    She will have a party hat.

Pink tutu? Maybe. Party hat? Not a chance in hell. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

10441386094_83947a4d16_z.jpg

Advertisement