Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Ink Tattoos

Options
  • 04-11-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Ok so i'm looking into getting a white ink tattoo on my wrist. I am looking for ppls stories on white ink tattoos....
    I am sallow skinned and I want it to be faint.. almost like a scar. Will this have the desired affect??? Black ink is too prominent for my wrist though I love black ink tattoos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

As its healing it will be noticeable. definitely for the first few days anyway. as far as i know once it has healed it will just look very faint on your skin. I know someone who got one recently so I'll check with her when i see her next and ask how its getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

I am fine with it being visible while its healing. I just want to know if it will settle. I have a black ink one... Now having said that I've only had it for about 4 years but it has not faded... It's fantastic. I did not want it to fade but I am worried the white ink will have the same reaction on my skin... PLease do ask your friend. It would be great to know from someone whos got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I can only speak from my own experience, it could well differ for you based on your individual skin tone and healing process, but for me they remained quite visible while healing and appeared to heal much more slowly as the ink was not obscuring the damage underneath as it does with the more opaque pigments. Once fully healed however they look like nothing more than scar tissue, although on some areas they are completely invisible (e.g. the one down my left side I can't even properly make out, the others I can only really make out because I already know what they say). Whether this is what you're going for (mine are specifically in UV white ink so they will fully reveal themselves under UV) or not is up to you, and as I've said they may be more/less visible for you depending on skin tone.
    Hopefully you find this helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

I would be against it myself. White ink is very much for life? If you regret this tattoo later in life then your stuck with it. Laser treatment can not remove white ink yet. But who knows, maybe it will in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

lol, any tattoo is for life as far as I'm concerned, if you're only getting a tattoo because you're thinking "what the hell, I can always get it lasered off..." I'm not sure you've really put enough consideration into them.

But then, each to their own... worst case scenario you're stuck with a scar/failed attempt at removing the tattoo, but you've not harmed anyone else anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 eireanbo

i have a white ink tat along my arm above wrist(not the uv ink) i love it had to get it re done 3 times to get it they way i wanted..it kinda looks like a 3d scar nobody ever really notice it thats the way i wanted it..i will try post pic for u..when i first got it done it looked like its was burned onto my skin,it does take awhile now for the tat to look the way u want so be prepared for that...but i love mine and am going to ad to it soon.

eireanbo wrote: »
    i love it had to get it re done 3 times to get it they way i wanted..it kinda looks like a 3d scar nobody ever really notice it thats the way i wanted it...

So what took the 3 attempts... This is a personal tattoo that I am looking to get. I want it somewhere visible to me. ie my wrist but I do not wish for everyone else to notice it... If that makes any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eireanbo

Hi year later reply...had it re done 3 times as some part of design was patchy and to get the white to stand out more!!ill did you ever get your tattoo

Hey, No actually I never did. I kinda went off the idea of the white ink as people had to repeat it so many times and there were stories of them fading even after all the effort of getting them redone. And I didn't want it in black ink on my wrist. Then I couldnt decide where else i could put it.. I am still thinking of what to do about it...

Ideally I wanted the white ink on my wrist so anything else I suppose is just settling for something else which i'm afraid i'll regret

Advertisement