Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic Generations Collector's Edition - Where can I get it now?

Options
  • 04-11-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I've only recently found out that there is a collector's edition of Sonic Generations but I missed out on all the preorders so would anyone know where I could get it in Ireland online or in any retailer like GameStop or GAME? eBay and Amazon sellers are to be ignored since their prices are ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Smyths are normally good for that sort of stuff. I got the collectors edition of batman there, the one with the figurine. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You can still get it from the German Amazon website, it's not available first party for the 360 anymore so it has gone up a bit from when I ordered it, it's currently €114 from a marketplace seller but the PS3 version is still available from Amazon itself.

It also seems to be available on the Spanish website. As these are European copies I expect the packaging of my edition to come in German but for the game's language settings to also be available in English (I hope, lol.)

Anyway here are some links:

Spanish Copy: http://www.amazon.es/Sega-Sonic-Generations-Collectors-Edition/dp/B005JWRET4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320443787&sr=8-2

German Copy: http://www.amazon.de/Sega-Sonic-Generations-Collectors-Edition/dp/B005LU1Y9A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320443877&sr=8-2

The prices on Ebay and most other websites as they can't sell them directly (they were exclusive to Amazon) are going for silly money.

Ohh I just saw that you said that Amazon or Ebay are off. Sorry to tell you this but €95 was the RRP for this boxset :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Smyths are normally good for that sort of stuff. I got the collectors edition of batman there, the one with the figurine. :D

Smyths in Jervis didn't have it anyways. I got it from amazon.de as well.

Jericho. wrote: »
    Smyths in Jervis didn't have it anyways. I got it from amazon.de as well.

I don't suppose that you got it yet? I hope the packaging is in English when I get it, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Cheers lads. I am tempted to get it from amazon.de but I was kind of hoping to have English packaging so that I can read the booklet without having to refer to a German-English dictionary :). By the way, sorry, I meant the Amazon marketplace, not Amazon themselves. I know Amazon themselves would sell it cheaper but a lot of private sellers like to believe they can make ridiculous profit on it. If it is for €95, I would buy it. Its a lot of cash for sure but I'm a big Sonic fan so I would really appreciate the merchandise I get with the collector's edition.

Achilles wrote: »
    I don't suppose that you got it yet? I hope the packaging is in English when I get it, lol.

Nope, I only ordered it yesterday. I'll post here when I do get it.

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Cheers lads. I am tempted to get it from amazon.de but I was kind of hoping to have English packaging so that I can read the booklet without having to refer to a German-English dictionary :). By the way, sorry, I meant the Amazon marketplace, not Amazon themselves. I know Amazon themselves would sell it cheaper but a lot of private sellers like to believe they can make ridiculous profit on it. If it is for €95, I would buy it. Its a lot of cash for sure but I'm a big Sonic fan so I would really appreciate the merchandise I get with the collector's edition.

Tbh for an item that was produces in such limited quantaties that I doubt that they went to the hassle of translating all of the packaging. Besides alot of Germans tend to speak English as a second language as it's taught very well in their schools.

Anyway my point is... i'm expecting it to be in English. If it's not then it's not such a big deal. I hope the game itself is though :P.

Thanks for the post Achilles. I suppose you are right, it would be a lot of hassle to have a bunch of different languages for a game that only 500 copies were made. I'd still like to make sure though so if you can keep me posted when you get it and tell me then, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

I asked a bloke on YouTube that did an unboxing of the game in German.

He spoke good enough English to tell me that the game packaging and the packaging of the outside of the box are in German but the game itself can be played in English and the rest of the material is in English including the tracklist of the audio cd and the DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

I made the mistake of seeing it on Amazon, wanting it instantly, but waiting to see if any B&M shops would stock it to save hassle on waiting for it in the post and using my credit card etc. By the time it was clear no shops were getting it, it was too late, the 360 one was sold out. So I bought the PS3 one as a collectors edition and got my 360 version in GAME. So if anyone wants to trade a sealed 360 version for a sealed PS3 version, let me know :P I got mine off Amazon.co.uk just before it sold out luckily. :)

I think most peoples only option to get the fully English copy is pay the extortionate eBay prices to the people who bought them in bulk to sell them on at a 300% mark up...

Ugh I hate this ****... I went into two different GAME stores and they both told me that the entire GAME brand weren't buying it because it was too expensive.

How much did it cost in GAME? Also where did you manage to get it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Got mine from Amazon.co.uk in the nick of time. I don't get that cost statement GAME were giving you, it only came to €92 for me on Amazon.co.uk and I payed €125 for Gears 3 Epic Edition in GAME. So either they're just saving face that they weren't allocated any and other retailers were or they didn't think there would be demand for it at that price. Which is not the case as it's sold out now.

I think perhaps why GAME say they were put off stocking it is because Sonic, really, appeals mostly to kids and I would say that most of the stock that will be bought will be by the parents of these kids and I doubt they would invest €100 for a game. That said, however, and as proven, there are A LOT of Sonic fans, young and old so as loyal fans, they would've been sold out anyway.

I got my collectors edition in the post yesterday.

The outer packaging on the big box it comes in was in German as well as the box of the game and the manual, everything else (including the game itself) was in English.

Advertisement