Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

high velocity with a supressor

Options
  • 04-11-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Here is a real novice question, but can you use high velocity .22 Federal Champions with a supressor? I dont think you can.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

greenpilot wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Here is a real novice question, but can you use high velocity .22 Federal Champions with a supressor? I dont think you can.

You can use a mod with them but the mod won't reduce the noise.
    For a .22 the mod only works with sub's afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

It will reduce the noise allright but no moderator can eliminate the noise of a bullet going through the sound barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭greenpilot

It will reduce the noise allright but no moderator can eliminate the noise of a bullet going through the sound barrier.

Thanks, so, to recap.....use a mod with subsonic's and leave it off for high velocities. Thanks

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

greenpilot wrote: »
    Thanks, so, to recap.....use a mod with subsonic's and leave it off for high velocities. Thanks

Paul

Not really. You can use the mod with the supersonic rounds. You'll just hear a whipcrack sound rather than a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

As stated, to get the best out of using a mod subsonic ammo is best. You can use supersonic stuff but they tend to be louder, even with the mod, and they are a bit less accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hibrion wrote: »
    As stated, to get the best out of using a mod subsonic ammo is best. You can use supersonic stuff but they tend to be louder, even with the mod, and they are a bit less accurate.

I found they were very inaccurate with Hyper Velocities too.(CCI Stingers, Remmy Yellow Jackets)

I had the Allweather Folding Stock with Banana Mags, speed loader Harris Bipod, Simmons Scope and still the best I could hope for was 1" - 1.5" @ 50 yards. 100 yards was luck if you hit.

I'd still love one today though. Very handy rifle, although a restricted .22lr would not appeal to me.
    A 10 shot free floated Lilja barrel now, that would be nice.
    From memory the trigger needed work too.

Advertisement