Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New zelda 3ds in the works and a possible majoras mask port

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fairly obvious this was going to happen. Good to see they'll make a new zelda before a remake, I know what I'd prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sounds great. Much rather new games than remakes. If you want it bad enough u can play the original already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 thisiswar

I'm a big Zelda fan and i'm buying a Wii just so I can play Skyward Sword.

i'm not that eager to play Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks that'd I'd go out and by a 3DS/DSi.

But this game though could change that.

I'd recommend getting an older DS with a GBA slot. That way you can play Minish Cap too. I'm sure one of your mates has one!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Found this Zelda II style action game a while ago:
    "Legend of Princess" by Konjak.

princess00.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

MAJORA'S MASK!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

ríomhaire wrote: »
    MAJORA'S MASK!!! :D

I don't get how people can get so excited because they'll be able to buy a ten year old game again.

I love Majora's Mask as much as anybody (I've already got it on N64 and Gamecube/wii), but all these ports by nintendo is just pure laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I don't get how people can get so excited because they'll be able to buy a ten year old game again.

I love Majora's Mask as much as anybody (I've already got it on N64 and Gamecube/wii), but all these ports by nintendo is just pure laziness.

The updated Ocarina of Time on the 3DS was anything but laziness, and I'd love to see Majora's Mask (My favourite Zelda game!) get the same treatment. That they're making a new ground-up Zelda game for the 3DS first is even better news though!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Portable + updated visuals + getting more people to play this great game + possibility of a few extras like a Master Quest = good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I always preferred Secret of Mana to Link to the Past, for some reason.

I just love SoM, warts and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Majora's Mask and A Link to the Past on 3DS would be seriously cool. I wonder if Nintendo will continue the WW sequel games from DS?

I'd like to see Ninty remaking the old Zeldas (Zelda 1 & 2, Link's Awakening, 2 Oracles) in either SNES-style/Minish Cap graphics or (wishful thinking) beautiful hand-drawn 2D animation; like the new Rayman game, or Street Fighter HD Remix; new King of Fighters...

Kinda shocked they haven't been upgraded before tbh (not counting the DX upgrade of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I appreciate Nintendo revisiting the classics but couldn't we have something new? I couldn't tell you how many times I've beaten Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and I really have no desire to do so again. It's stuff like that leaves me with absolutely no desire to buy a 3DS. The best games on the machine are ports of N64 games that I've already played to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I appreciate Nintendo revisiting the classics but couldn't we have something new? I couldn't tell you how many times I've beaten Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and I really have no desire to do so again. It's stuff like that leaves me with absolutely no desire to buy a 3DS. The best games on the machine are ports of N64 games that I've already played to death.

Did you not read what this topic is about? New Zelda for 3DS before they think about remaking-re-releasing MM, they said a few months back that it would be an easy process after updating OoT so it will happen in the coming years for a new audience, not just people who know/like/love the game already. Also, just because OoT has been re-relased you dont have to play it again :rolleyes:. AND, 2, thats right! 2 games have been ported to the 3ds from the n64, OoT and StarFox64, thats it ;)

I wonder if that remake of LttP will happen? I have played it and love it but just never finished it, same with Minish Cap, no big deal. I'll get around to finishing them at some stage I'm sure, but would be interested to see what they come up with for a remake of LttP.

I have heard they are finished with the WW style for the DS so wouldn't think they will bring back the WW style prob for another 10 years or something in the remakes :D.

And sure isnt there a new Zelda been confirmed being made right now for the WiiU? Which prob wont be out for 5 years, but still...!

SS out next week too! LOADZANEWZELDA!

Advertisement