Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really Good Presenters

Options
  • 04-11-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Was just wondering who people would consider to be the best Reality TV Hosts/Presenters these days?

Personally I think Jeff Probst on Survivor is miles ahead of anyone else - he's likeable, remains impartial, but clearly has a love for what he's doing.

Others I think are particularly good would be Joe Rogan on Fear Factor (thankfully being revived next month), Dermot O'Leary on X-Factor and Alison Sweeney on The Biggest Loser US (she has her moments of awkwardness, but usually great at what she does).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Personally I think Jeff Probst on Survivor is miles ahead of anyone else - he's likeable, remains impartial, but clearly has a love for what he's doing.

That's still on?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Hard to beat Ant and Dec on I'm A Celebrity... I think they're great hosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Probst is great for sure. Needs to mix up the script though. There are about 10 lines he says every single week (Immunity is back up for grabs, I'll go tally the votes, etc.)

I like Phil Keoghan on the Amazing Race (another guy who loves his job), and I like Padma Lakshmi on Top Chef for ... er... other reasons. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Mr E wrote: »
    Probst is great for sure. Needs to mix up the script though. There are about 10 lines he says every single week (Immunity is back up for grabs, I'll go tally the votes, etc.)

Maybe he's a robot ;)

He is a great presenter, come across as likeable and I do like his mid-western accent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I like Phil Keoghan on the Amazing Race (another guy who loves his job), and I like Padma Lakshmi on Top Chef for ... er... other reasons. :)

Ha who wouldn't love that job. He's gotten to see most of the globe by now!

Completely agree with Joe Rogan and Jeff Probst. Really good presenters who take no crap either. Delighted that Fear Factor is back. Used to love that show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Dave Lamb from Come Dine With Me count as a presenter or he is more narrator anyways he is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Love how Probst sort of takes the piss out of the crazy contestants, like Philip last year."So Phil, What are your spirit guides telling you to do?.. What would your great-grandfather say?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Still great though "come on in guys" classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Dave Lamb from Come Dine With Me count as a presenter or he is more narrator anyways he is great

Dave would be a narrator for Come Dine With Me. He is perfect for that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I would have to say Dermot O'Leary.

I was extremely anti Dermot as I was did not like BB but to be fair he seems like the one good, genuine constant on the x-factor and never actively takes the p1ss out of the contestants despite sometimes having lots of opportunities to do so!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

What do folk thin of steve jones on the usa x factor.I think hes shocking imo and id say there will be a different presenter next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Colinboy wrote: »
    What do folk thin of steve jones on the usa x factor.I think hes shocking imo and id say there will be a different presenter next year.
    Most X Factor USA viewers can see that he's a load of sh!te. I don't think Cowell will have him back next year (nor the equally terrible Nicole Whatsherface on the panel).

• Registered Users Posts: 86,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Colinboy wrote: »

A complete disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A complete disaster

You could see he was trying to be more 'lively' this week! It wasn't working! He still as dull as ditchwater even if he is a bit of a looker!:D

Advertisement