Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

big bright star in the sky

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,300 ✭✭✭✭endacl

CyberJuice wrote: »
    thank you for the reply,any advice on shops in the city centre where i can buy the stuff??..

as it happens i have an old pair of 10 x 50 binoculars lying around,so i just went out for 20 minutes and had a look at the sky,really hard to steady them with my hand but i did get a decent enough view of the moon,as for jupiter,its no good,i cant get any kind of a view with the binoculars,its still just a bright spot,really hard to get a good focus on jupiter also,the binoculars are real old and have been lying in a drawer for about a decade so mayb i cant get a good focus due to that. i put my mobile phone up to the lens and snapped some shots of the moon,i was pretty impressed with the pic for such bad equipment i was using

2v92783.jpg
    I'd stick with the binos for a while. Some people get a lifetimes use out of them. Great for the 'big picture'. As far as city centre shops go, there's not a lot available. Mostly camera shops who carry some basic gear. Astronomy Ireland have a shop near beaumont. Well stocked with a huge range. A little on the pricey side, but you will get good advice. Aside from this, you're probably looking at heading north, or buying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

CyberJuice wrote:

last night the 3rd november i was lookin up into the sky and i saw a huge bright light coming from some star or planet or something,its brighter than anything ive ever seen in the sky before,couldnt figure out what it was,i watched it for about 15 mins and it didnt not move,the sky was so clear could see all the stars
    Yup i have seen that also lately... I dont know what it is,BUT ITS QUITE INTERESTING!

Advertisement