Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FG and Labour are not running the country

• 05-11-2011 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

And FF didnt really either, The civil service runs the county, It does not matter what parties are in "power" The tds in the dail is just a load of panto, Its So that ministers are told what to do and say by people in their departments.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭Avns1s

And FF didnt really either, The civil service runs the county, It does not matter what parties are in "power" The tds in the dail is just a load of panto, Its So that ministers are told what to do and say by people in their departments.

Going by your postcount, I hope you didn't join boards.ie just to make that proclaimation. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

thanks, you've just reminded me I've about 20 episodes of yes minister saved up on the recorder. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You're only noticing this now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

But they are running it...

Into the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Wider Road

Is this the real reason why Leo & co lied to us before the election?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

No, the civil servants DO NOT run the country.

The ECB and the Federal Reserve run the EU and the US because they have sole monopoly over the issuance of currency, you serf.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Wider Road

The ECB and the Federal Reserve run the EU and the US because they have sole monopoly over the issuance of currency, you serf.

So Leo & co lied to us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

There's a hell of a lot more to running a country than controlling interest rates and currency issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

nesf wrote: »
    There's a hell of a lot more to running a country than controlling interest rates and currency issue.

Indeed, and the ECB / IMF have control over a lot more than just interest rates and currency right now !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Taoiseach Merkele and Tanaiste Scarkozy run the show didnt you know?

(With apologies to Gene Kerrigan!)

Seriously though, they have to take advice from the mandarins, unfortunately they do so without question, in order to absolve themselves of any personal responsibilities.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Indeed, and the ECB / IMF have control over a lot more than just interest rates and currency right now !!

If they have control then why is the Croke Park Racketeering Agreement still in place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    If they have control then why is the Croke Park Racketeering Agreement still in place?

Hey now in fairness the public sevants have had pay cuts...its not their fault the increments they get for turning up have cancelled those pay cuts out :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

thanks, you've just reminded me I've about 20 episodes of yes minister saved up on the recorder. :)

I was just thinking of that old Classic comedy myself. I wonder how many of you remember it/seen it. I totally recommend it, because it's very funny and probably closer to reality than many might think.

Advertisement