Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone use manual thread mills??

• 05-11-2011 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

anyone on here use them??

i picked 1 up for thor ( my male staff ) when he was 1, hes now 3 and a kc champion of his breed...

also diet...

what do you feed?

thor gets, 1lb of cooked red meat a day, .4 lb of greens,,

its kinda expensive but i own him since hes 5 weeks old and now hes an irsh champion of his breed..

pic, him and millie his gf, shes standard size, thors head is say a football and a half for comparison
    [IMG][/img]DSCF0812.jpg

anyone else show dogs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

your guys are gorgeous. thor is a stunning dog and millie is gorgeous! mad ears!

dolly doesnt eat quite that much, she weighs in at just under 17kg but she's quite tall for a female staffie. she eats 250g of loaf with about a mugful of mix and then either black pudding, fish or sausage on top. she gets that twice a day plus a few little bits inbetween.

it sounds like a lot but we walk nearly 4 miles a day everyday so she burns it off quickly. i dont think she'd be too happy if i showed her a threadmill after all that walking! she'd be disgusted :D

180273.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

your guys are gorgeous. thor is a stunning dog and millie is gorgeous! mad ears!

dolly doesnt eat quite that much, she weighs in at just under 17kg but she's quite tall for a female staffie. she eats 250g of loaf with about a mugful of mix and then either black pudding, fish or sausage on top. she gets that twice a day plus a few little bits inbetween.

it sounds like a lot but we walk nearly 4 miles a day everyday so she burns it off quickly. i dont think she'd be too happy if i showed her a threadmill after all that walking! she'd be disgusted :D

180273.JPG

shes a stunning dog, she would be millies size judging by the pics, same sort of diet intake, shes stunning colours and i can see you treat her very well, i love to meet other staff owners, are ya from dub?? ya say ya walk her 4k, would love to join ya with millie or thor, we need to fix the poor rep they have got of people who have never owned them...

shes a beut, fair play man would love to meet her someday:cool:

edit.. yeah sorry your dead right, millie has mad ears, they never drop, but she hears everything, she loves the postman lol

im over in dublin 8. me and another mate usually go out on a sunday and walk the grand canal or else go to memorial park in chapelizod and walk along the liffey.

you're more than welcome to come along. we always end up meeting staffie and PBTs along the walk. i'd say to bring millie because while dolly is fine with other dogs, my mates staff is male and intact so he doesnt get on with other males. he loves the bitches though :cool:

drop me a pm when you can next make it and we'll organise.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭c_lady89

Awh them babys are beautiful!

Our lad is a lazy sod....all he wants to do is sleep in the chair!
    if he seen a thread mill id say he'd take off the other direction!
    but loves his walks...up to 4miles and runs along beside the bike!
    He gets a pint full of dry food a day and left overs from dinner...He aint fussy at all will eat anything...if let!

Well this is him <Paddy>

DSC00326-1.jpg

He also loves to eat small children!! < so some people think! >

DSC01943.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

c_lady89

heres stunning...

where you from??

id love to organise a staff walk day in the park say

• Advertisement

im over in dublin 8. me and another mate usually go out on a sunday and walk the grand canal or else go to memorial park in chapelizod and walk along the liffey.

you're more than welcome to come along. we always end up meeting staffie and PBTs along the walk. i'd say to bring millie because while dolly is fine with other dogs, my mates staff is male and intact so he doesnt get on with other males. he loves the bitches though :cool:

drop me a pm when you can next make it and we'll organise.

we should set a day and we meet up in the pheno??

say a staff meet walk day??

and yes just millie, thor is very big and he throws his weight around with other males.. so he can be on gard dog duty

pm ya nunber if ya agree i think itd be cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hi there, you say your dog is a champion,

Do you show him in Ireland at IKC shows? I show dogs too and my friend shows staffies, just wondering what shows you have been at and when did he get his last green star?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

davemc180 wrote: »
    we should set a day and we meet up in the pheno??

say a staff meet walk day??

and yes just millie, thor is very big and he throws his weight around with other males.. so he can be on gard dog duty

pm ya nunber if ya agree i think itd be cool

would love to bring my bully out for meets like this, but hes only 12 weeks so no way would he be able to walk 4 miles but when hes bigger, id say him and thor could get on as hes very big for 12 weeks, hes 10kg of just muscle so he will be a big male.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Sorry, what's a thread mill??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Sorry, what's a thread mill??!

Think he means a Treadmill, to exercise them on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

Ooooooo what gorgeous staffies on here :D

OP do you mean a slat mill/carpet mill?
    Here is my boy he quite big than the average staffie , he's not show type
    007-3.jpg

My girls are much smaller
    Here is Bear ^^His^^ daughter
    339258_1839015709599_1666734641_1410307_5835284_o.jpg

And Pebbles The Mammy :)
    333962_1839014109559_1666734641_1410302_1535816_o.jpg

There is a walk bully walk on at the end of this month i could pm whoever is interested the details ;)

details of walk pleasev:D... and if pepples ever goes missing on you, try checking with me cause i'd rob her in a heartbeat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

details of walk pleasev:D... and if pepples ever goes missing on you, try checking with me cause i'd rob her in a heartbeat :)

PM on the way! Pebbles is sweetheart so calm & placid :D She would go home with anyone :p

Advertisement