Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone cabling to Cat5 patch panel

Options
  • 05-11-2011 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have Cat 5 cabling with patch panel in my house. I want to distribute phone line over the cat 5 to one of the rooms.... Problem ... Looking at my eircom phone cable that comes into the house , their are 7 wires. Black,Green ,White,Orange and 3 Red. I don't know what way to connect them to the patch panel. ? I assume that I only need two of these wires any way? Which ones are they, how do I determine?
    Can anyone help?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Find the 2 wires that have a potential difference of about 52VDC between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

2011 wrote: »
    Find the 2 wires that have a potential difference of about 52VDC between them.
    They generally use orange and White but don't take that as gospel

Advertisement