Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pc build won't Post/ boot

Options
  • 05-11-2011 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi
    After some great advice from this Forum I ordered the parts for my Pc upgrade. New MB, CPU and Ram, however now I have built it I can't get it to post. When I power it up it won't even beep. I've tried...
    1 memory stick, graphics card only but no good. I've checked all connections reseated graphics card, memory but no good.
    It powers on for about 3 seconds then dies, I even reseated the CPU but no good.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Is all your USB junk unplugged? I've had mine do similar things with stuff plugged in. Pllug out everything but keyboard and give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Crowman

All USB devices are unplugged, the only thing I have plugged in now is 1 stick of ram, CPU, keyboard. I should be getting a beep from motherboard, but I get nothing. It powers up for 3 seconds, the fans are working, then it dies. Really stumped on this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Take the motherboard out and put it back in.
    Experienced similar and this fixed it for me. I think it was touching something metal touching the case or something like that the first time.

Advertisement