Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem after getting dog spayed

• 05-11-2011 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

My dog got spayed on Wednesday and she's been at home since Thursday's. Ever since she has had to go to the loo every 30mins -2 hrs no 1 + 2s and having frequent accidents inside. She never had accidents before maybe once in a blue moon but it would be my fault for keeping her in to long. Any ideas what it could be and fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Get onto your vet. S/he may have nicked something; might be operable
    Could be anything else either so don't freak; but definitely ring your vet & log it with them.

V sorry to hear this.

Who did the work?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭aisher

I would ring the vet - my dog was spayed a month ago and there were no issues re. needing to go toilet more frequently - I am sure all is ok with your dog but I dont think its normal to need the loo so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Could be a UT infection. Very possible after spaying. How old is your dog??

Go back to the vet as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭eoinburke67

Shes a year and a half old beagle. I never let her into heat once to minimise the chance of her getting preventable cancers and got it done in a vet in athlone but I trust the vet

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Shes a year and a half old beagle. I never let her into heat once to minimise the chance of her getting preventable cancers and got it done in a vet in athlone but I trust the vet

Give the vet a call, I have had a number of males and females neutered whose toileting habits became erratic for a while after the op, so it can happen. I assume it's a result of post-op discomfort.
    But to be on the safe side, give your vet a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd say to call your vet if you're worried, but it could be something to do with the after effects of the anaesthetic.

Advertisement