Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenroyal Leisure Ltd may get "wound up"

Options
  • 05-11-2011 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/nama-applies-to-have-developers-two-companies-wound-up-527155.html
    An application by NAMA have two companies controlled by developers Raymond and Daniel Grehan wound up has commenced before the High Court.

NAMA has petitioned the court to have a liquidator appointed to Glenkerrin Properties Ltd, and Glenroyal Leisure Ltd on grounds including that both firms are insolvent and that it would be in the best interests of the firm's creditors that the companies are wound up.
    Glenyroyal being the Glenroyal in Maynooth I thought this forum would suit it. If the above goes ahead, I hope the Glenroyal gym gets bought by someone, as it's usually busy any time I'm there, but don't know about the hotel. Bad times ahead, it would seem :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

May be a silly question but does this refer only to the Leisure Club or is it the hotel also? Have a function booked there soon and I'm getting a little bit worried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The gym needs a new pricing structure. It has priced itself out of the market for a lot of people. It's more expensive now for a family that it was during the boom - so my membership has gone.

The hotel has a midweek occupancy rate of about 60% which isn't bad. Higher at weekends. So I'm surprised at that going under.

IIRC (I'm open to correction on this) Glenkerrin runs the hotel and Glenroyal runs the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 canhascheez

Signed up two weeks ago, glad I only went for 3month membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Signed up two weeks ago, glad I only went for 3month membership.
    Aye, doing month by month on DD, as I signed up when there was rumours of things going bad, a few months back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I found it too expensive and wish they had public hours for the pool.

Though it would be sad to see the hotel and leisure centre wound up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nearly certain Glenkerrin Properties is the operator of the shopping centre there also. The leisure centre will be sold during the winding up, I seriously doubt its going to close down.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I found it too expensive and wish they had public hours for the pool.
    I actually joined for the pool, stayed for the gym. Although the gym can be quite on some days, I see the exercise classes they do are usually very full.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

http://www.irishhouses.ie/nama/nama-property-for-sale-kildare.php

Glenroyal is listed....... does this mean it's on the market......... apologies if this is another silly question!

Advertisement