Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sub-Forum Requested

Options
  • 05-11-2011 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hey folks,

As I'm sure most of ye are all aware, there seems to have been an almighty surge in negative and often silly 'discussions/debates' about our beloved campus and its many offerings.

It is for this reason, and this reason alone, that I suggest we perhaps have a separate section for users with those negative and silly mindsets.

To reflect the nature of posts and posters in this sub-section, I propose a list of suggestions;

Something Is Depressing,
    Silliness/Inklings/Discussions,
    Sharing Ideas Depressingly
    and
    Sharing Is Daring.

I think any of these would suit it fine. I understand they are kind of long but I'm sure whoever creates it can concatenate it somehow :rolleyes:

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

What an absolutely shocking idea, and the reason given is abysmal.

If you don't agree with somebody's comments or statements then reply accordingly or ignore. Two great tools that will stand to you on this site.

You mention silly threads, well, this is top of the list by a stretch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭yuppy700

Nockz wrote: »

It is for this reason, and this reason alone, that I suggest we perhaps have a separate section for users with those negative and silly mindsets.

?

You mean we should have a seperate section for people who dont agree with you...and who arent interested in discussion....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

This is obvious a dig at me, just for the record, I am compiling a list of people who have bullied me on this website over the last 7 days and will consider making their names known to the disciplinary council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

This is obvious a dig at me, just for the record, I am compiling a list of people who have bullied me on this website over the last 7 days and will consider making their names known to the disciplinary council.

Hilarious.

Not once is your name mentioned so you must think that you have lots of silly debates/discussions.

Watch out boards admins, ye banned sid for a week, he'll be bringing your names to the disciplinary council!

It's hard to bring a case against someone when there are mods for this forum, that means they remove any bullying. This is also a public forum not a UL sanctioned UL forum and the bulk of your problems is someone on the internet said something you didn't like.

Also in response to the first post, try here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

cyber_hug.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Kindly mouse over the smiley in my post or better yet, click it. The post has not been edited in any way since I posted it last night.

Your tears made my day :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think we all know that this wont be happening. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement