Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone explain this UFO?

Options
  • 05-11-2011 6:08am

Looking for a logical explaination for something that happened to my mother, and grandmother, in 1982.

We lived in a bungalow in a very rural part of Wexford. Two miles from a small village, 15 miles from the nearest town (Enniscorthy). My mother was lying in bed around 3am, in a room at the back of the house, holding me as a small baby who had measles. There was a whirring sound over the house, she says not a helicopter sound, whirring sound, and a bright light shining in the window. Behind us is a field. She didn't want to get up and see what it was because I was very ill and she didn't want to wake me again. However, my grandmother was asleep in the front of the house, and also saw the light shining in the window, and heard the whirring noise. She came in to see that my mother was alright, then she went to see that my older brother, at the other end of the house, also at the front, was ok - he was asleep, but the bright light was shining in there too.

I'm not a believer in this sort of thing, neither is my mother (and grandmother wasn't, god rest her) but none of us have ever been able to explain this one away.

My dad was away that weekend and kicks himself for it all the time, he's a UFO fanatic and the one time he could have actually seen one, he was on a drunken weekend with his brother. Haha Dad.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

They estimated the light, and noise, were there for ten to fifteen minutes.

I'm so glad this happened when I was a baby, because in my teens I developed a phobia of extraterrestrial life and would have probably needed sectioning after something like this! I got over that phobia in my 20s. Now I think it's all b0llocks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

For some reason im reminded of the simpsons, where homer is angry at grampa simpson for never being around when santa came when he was younger...

I don't think it was Santa though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

To be honest its very hard work out,where the light source came from,on the account that nobody looked out the window.
    having that said,can you tell me if the noise was over the house for a time or in the field, moving over the house then towards the field during that ten min period i'm a bit unclear on that!?
    What can you rule out from family accounts and here is just 3 different reasons i could think of... off the top of my head!
    could a farmer be out looking for cattle...?
    could anyone be out hunting in the field...?
    could the police be out looking for somebody at that hour maybe a carjacker?

Missing time doesn't seem to be in question from your account would i be right in saying that!? often it goes hand in hand with accounts of lights and abduction case's.

The more information you can give the better in terms of the location,date,weather etc....as to try figure this one out!
    you could also report a sighting here.
    http://www.ufoi.org/report-an-incident.htm

hope this helps some-what!

Hey, I'll have a look at the other stuff shortly, bit tired right now, but to say that the light source could not have come from the field if it was seen at both front and back of the house simultaniously, the only possible way for this to have happened would be for it to have been at the end of the house, which is our property, and the only access would be via our driveway, which could not have gone unnoticed; or, as assumed, directly over the house. As the light was constant, not flickering, and surrounded the house, both sides, it's not possible that it was a torch, and especially combined with the noise in what is an extremely rural and quiet area, would have been something motorised.

• Advertisement

Oh, and no road access the the field behind the house either - it's just not possible that anything got onto our property into a location to be able to shine a light both front and back of the house, and also, it's very easy to know if a large vehicle is moving into the field behind us, it's got to travel up a laneway at the opposite end of our house, but the laneway is so much lower than the level of the garden and house, that the light source cannot have come from this end, unless it was a crane with tractor beams deliberately facing the wrong direction as it headed up to the field behind!

Sorry if I'm not making much sense, I'm sleep deprived!

The only logical explanation is that the light source was directly above the house, since it was seen from three seperate rooms at the same time - my mother is adamant that it was not a helicopter, but that to me is the only sound and logical reasoning. What on earth a helipcopter would be doing over our house that hour of the morning in 1982, given what a backwater it is, is a greater unexplained mystery... but I'm sure I can dig to the bottom of this one if I apply a little effort (and get some sleep!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

funny.. after reading your story i remembered it being strikingly similiar to something a girl i used to live with told me a good few years back.

basically on a farm in mayo, she was at home with her mother and grandmother and the house and property was engulfed in white light.. they all went outside to see what was going on and says there was a ufo floating over their house.. she said she knew id think she was crazy after telling this story.. and to be honest i actually kinda did :) especially after her telling me over the years that shed had flashbacks of having been abducted etc.

anyway, i thought it was a load of nonsense, until id had a few of my own very real ufo experiences.. i woke up one night a few years ago with the sound of this same 'whirring' noise (i can only describe it as a very pronounced slow oscillating deep bass sound, nothing at all like an aircraft or helicopter) it gave the sense of having something very big right above our house, in fact windows and objects on the shelves were moving and vibrating and my bedroom door rattled enough to shake it open.. i ran into the next room and woke my brother up, who was now about as freaked out as i was.. we raced to the front door and looked up but the noise just stopped instantly and there was nothing to be seen.

so who's to say..! pity you weren't old enough to have a gawk out the window yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

dyer wrote: »
    funny.. after reading your story i remembered it being strikingly similiar to something a girl i used to live with told me a good few years back.

basically on a farm in mayo, she was at home with her mother and grandmother and the house and property was engulfed in white light.. they all went outside to see what was going on and says there was a ufo floating over their house.. she said she knew id think she was crazy after telling this story.. and to be honest i actually kinda did :) especially after her telling me over the years that shed had flashbacks of having been abducted etc.

anyway, i thought it was a load of nonsense, until id had a few of my own very real ufo experiences.. i woke up one night a few years ago with the sound of this same 'whirring' noise (i can only describe it as a very pronounced slow oscillating deep bass sound, nothing at all like an aircraft or helicopter) it gave the sense of having something very big right above our house, in fact windows and objects on the shelves were moving and vibrating and my bedroom door rattled enough to shake it open.. i ran into the next room and woke my brother up, who was now about as freaked out as i was.. we raced to the front door and looked up but the noise just stopped instantly and there was nothing to be seen.

so who's to say..! pity you weren't old enough to have a gawk out the window yourself :)

Care to tell? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

she said they communicated with her telepathically and that they told her before we are born, referring to past lives i suppose, that we had a choice as to whether or not we would be visited by et's in our next life.

its been a good 10 years or so since she told me that story and i lost touch after she moved out sorry i cant remember much more than that..

Advertisement