Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smashbox Makeup Brushes

• 04-11-2011 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hopefully one of you ladies can help me.

I heard my girlfriend on the phone talking to her friend about a Smashbox brush set and I was hoping to get her one for Christmas. Where would be the best places to look for one?

I know I am just being an ignorant male here but is their really that much of a difference between a cheap brush set a name brand one that makes it worth paying so much more.

Don't worry I am not going to 'surprise her' with a cheap set and hope she doesn't notice, I am just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭sporina

link_2007 wrote: »

I heard my girlfriend on the phone talking to her friend about a Smashbox brush set and I was hoping to get her one for Christmas. Where would be the best places to look for one?

I know I am just being an ignorant male here but is their really that much of a difference between a cheap brush set a name brand one that makes it worth paying so much more.

Don't worry I am not going to 'surprise her' with a cheap set and hope she doesn't notice, I am just curious.

em perhaps you should start your own thread??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

link_2007 wrote: »

I am unfamiliar with Smashbox brushes, but these are the sets that are on their website.

http://www.smashbox.com/product/6129/19134/Travel/STUDIO-STASH-BRUSH-COLLECTION/Limited-Edition/index.tmpl

I personally think, there is a difference between cheap and expensive brushes.

I have some cheap brushes and some expensive brushes and find a difference, I find the more expensive brushes are better than the cheap brushes. I have a Bobbi Brown brush that I have used every day since I got it and its been washed so many times and it's still like new.

Brown Thomas, Debenams and Cleary's all sell Smashbox, I am not sure about Arnotts.

www.salonskincare.co.uk sell Smashbox too (and yes they are genuine) they have no brush sets though, just individual brushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

sporina wrote: »
    em perhaps you should start your own thread??

Apologies Sporina, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I just read the title of make up brushes and asked the question without thinking. No offence meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@sporina - if you have a problem with a post, then please use the Report Post functionality. Do not make smart comments on the thread. Treat other posters with courtesy.

Posts moved to their own thread

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Smashbox are good for brushes and if it's what she's looking at she's bound to be impressed if you get them!

Mac and Bobbi Brown brushes are also fantastic and they do mini sets as well which are great as the full brushes individually are very expensive!

The only Smashbox brush I have is the angled eyeliner and it's really good, if she likes her eyeliner she'd love it
    Smashbox_angled_liner_number_211221735430_478.jpg

http://www.justbeautydirect.co.uk/department/make_up_brush_sets/have some great deals! May get some myself!

Certain cheaper brands have some good brushes, if she's in to her make up check out http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~169.htm or http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~210.htm

You can get some good brushes here that rival some of the more expensive brands and throw in a few makeup treats as well for a very fair price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Wish my boyfriend was like you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ramblingroisin

hi i work with smashbox and as a beautician i love their brushes their great . she will def notice a difference between cheap ones and more expensive ones they should last a lifetime once looked after.
    well done on been so observant to what she actually wants as a present :)

Advertisement