Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brisbane info???

Options
  • 05-11-2011 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

i am heading to brisbane in april...i dont know anyone there!havnt a clue of the city/area!i am going to apply for jobs before i leave...im a qualified plumber but i would work as trades assistant or any trade related job!iv been looking on seek.au and them jobs seem plentyful!are they easy picked up when in aus?and am i right in saying the harvest will be starting that time?would like to get on a farm driving tractors!i will also be applying for apartments n houses to view on the first week or two upon arriving!but i know its a big place so anyone help me on deciding a good location?affordable rent 350 per week?in or out of city it dosent matter as long as its decent area!cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Aussie201

Have you certs for your trade?

I was over in Brisbane, but I went at a bad time when the job scene was drying up. I'm a Construction labourer/excavator operator. I found it quite hard to secure any bit of work. This was about 4 months ago. If you want to operate any machinery over there you have to have the tickets for that particular machine, an irish ticket wont do.

The area I was staying in was Fortitude Valley..Known for it's nightlife. I stayed in a little hostel on Amelia St, if you had to spend a week in a hostel while looking for an apartment I'd recommend this one. If you'd like details of the owner pm me!

Regards to renting, they're strict enough. They usually want 4 weeks rent as a bond, then they want bank statements showing a regular source of income and they also look for any references especially from previous landlords and employers. How many people would you be staying with over? If its just yourself 350 would get you a nice room in a shared house, a really nice modern house! Nice areas to look in would be Kangaroo point, CBD itself, Kedron, and if you don't mind putting up with a few drunken abo's then Fortitude valley.

pm me if you'd like to know anything more

Advertisement