Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room for semester 2

Options
  • 05-11-2011 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey,

Guys looking for a room for semester 2, would prefer a Double ensuite room.

Does anyone know of anyone looking for a super clean and tidy housemate ?

Only problem is cant view anywhere until the week after christmas, as currently on COOP in London !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I don't think the house I'm staying in could be any more unsuitable :P
    Firstly the Double Ensuite. There's a single ensuite but the showers are run by the boiler so you've to put in on an hour or so before you want your shower.
    Bills are inclusive except gas I think...
    Have a brilliant washing machine but essentially we've no dryer.
    I say no dryer, there is this metal box that claims to be a dryer, but it needs a chair to hold it's door close and a pliers to operate the dial. Suffice to say I haven't got around to using it yet...
    In fairness the fridge/freezer is pretty decent and OHO the cupboards, you couldn't ask anymore from them. Have hinges and everything!
    I've only found out how to use one half of the oven.
    Kettles dire, but I have my own one I'll bring down soon.
    Taking refuge in my room at the moment.
    7 Person house only two of us living here.
    Living/TV room is kind of a laugh.
    There's one run down, 2/3 seater sofa, which is actually quite comfortable, due to the many people wearing it in before us.
    We've 3 other chairs in the room with wooden arms, not massively comfortable...
    The TV looks like something built in the stone age, for something to do, before they thought up of the wheel. It also chooses to freeze mid-show, usually at an vital piece of the storyline. Keeps you on your toes anyway...
    UPC is pretty good, when landlord decides to pay the bill...
    Until then you can savour RTE 1 in all it's glory, as the only channel we're left with.
    When I first looked we had a dishwasher, when I moved in we had that heap of **** dryer...
    Oh! Also in the kitchen, we've a lovely table, big enough, but the chairs for it are those grey plastic school chair things. Laughed when I first saw it.
    It's a cold enough house, everything is wood and every footstep you make upstairs, or walking down the stairs can be heard by the neighbours I'd say.
    Unnecessarily loud. I swear he's hid mics under the floorboards.
    To each room get a single bed, a desk and chair, my chair was pretty good actually, blinds on your window, a wardrobe and this wood shelf thing, consisting of a few 4X2's I'd put money on it that he made it himself. We've a small chest of drawers too.
    On the plus side we've free wireless and electric bills are inclusive, less we do the dog on it. 300 a month and 300 deposit.
    What I meant to say earlier though, myself (1st Yr Pharm. & Ind. Chem) & Cathy (4th Yr Economics and Sociology) are the two messiest housemates you'd ever come across.
    Now in fairness, she did do the washing up the last day, and I felt bad because majority had been there for the week...
    In reality we need someone like you :P
    20/25 minute walk from UL.
    Situated across from Superquinn, or people seem to be able to place it better when I say, it's across from The Lodge.
    Anyway do think about it,
    Lovely house mates we are bar that,
    Haven't had a house party yet,
    Even though the go ahead has been given by the landlord to do so...
    Odd thing to say but yet to take advantage :P
    Too promising a student I reckon... ;)
    Plus I know NO ONE up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056439439

Take a look at this. This guy is looking for a housemate for the semester. I dont know if city centre is suitable for you or if hes got a place with a double room though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ClearlyClear

Chris that has most definitely made me giggle, is there a room left ? I dont think the house is what I am quite looking for but yerselfs do sound like amazing house mates.

Ryan:

Thanks but city is too far for me looking for something within walking distance of campus

5 free rooms,
    Bring blankets :P
    I've a sneaking suspicion it'll still be cold in January...

• Advertisement

Damn cant afford the blankets on top of the rent...How do u do it ?

Just need to bring your clothes and bed wear stuff, sheets, blankets and pillows, if you're into warmth :P
    If it means anything I've "fixed" the drier :D

To be honest I am not sure if your serious any more.

At the amount of abuse i got ringing landlords today I might even consider your place or sleeping in a car.

Deadly. :P
    I love the way you're pairing up my option up with sleeping with the car :P
    Will I give you his number?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I don't think the house I'm staying in could be any more unsuitable :P
    Firstly the Double Ensuite. There's a single ensuite but the showers are run by the boiler so you've to put in on an hour or so before you want your shower.
    Bills are inclusive except gas I think...
    Have a brilliant washing machine but essentially we've no dryer.
    I say no dryer, there is this metal box that claims to be a dryer, but it needs a chair to hold it's door close and a pliers to operate the dial. Suffice to say I haven't got around to using it yet...
    In fairness the fridge/freezer is pretty decent and OHO the cupboards, you couldn't ask anymore from them. Have hinges and everything!
    I've only found out how to use one half of the oven.
    Kettles dire, but I have my own one I'll bring down soon.
    Taking refuge in my room at the moment.
    7 Person house only two of us living here.
    Living/TV room is kind of a laugh.
    There's one run down, 2/3 seater sofa, which is actually quite comfortable, due to the many people wearing it in before us.
    We've 3 other chairs in the room with wooden arms, not massively comfortable...
    The TV looks like something built in the stone age, for something to do, before they thought up of the wheel. It also chooses to freeze mid-show, usually at an vital piece of the storyline. Keeps you on your toes anyway...
    UPC is pretty good, when landlord decides to pay the bill...
    Until then you can savour RTE 1 in all it's glory, as the only channel we're left with.
    When I first looked we had a dishwasher, when I moved in we had that heap of **** dryer...
    Oh! Also in the kitchen, we've a lovely table, big enough, but the chairs for it are those grey plastic school chair things. Laughed when I first saw it.
    It's a cold enough house, everything is wood and every footstep you make upstairs, or walking down the stairs can be heard by the neighbours I'd say.
    Unnecessarily loud. I swear he's hid mics under the floorboards.
    To each room get a single bed, a desk and chair, my chair was pretty good actually, blinds on your window, a wardrobe and this wood shelf thing, consisting of a few 4X2's I'd put money on it that he made it himself. We've a small chest of drawers too.
    On the plus side we've free wireless and electric bills are inclusive, less we do the dog on it. 300 a month and 300 deposit.
    What I meant to say earlier though, myself (1st Yr Pharm. & Ind. Chem) & Cathy (4th Yr Economics and Sociology) are the two messiest housemates you'd ever come across.
    Now in fairness, she did do the washing up the last day, and I felt bad because majority had been there for the week...
    In reality we need someone like you :P
    20/25 minute walk from UL.
    Situated across from Superquinn, or people seem to be able to place it better when I say, it's across from The Lodge.
    Anyway do think about it,
    Lovely house mates we are bar that,
    Haven't had a house party yet,
    Even though the go ahead has been given by the landlord to do so...
    Odd thing to say but yet to take advantage :P
    Too promising a student I reckon... ;)
    Plus I know NO ONE up there!

Chris..... that description.... so.... beautiful. :'(

Seriously, give up the the Pharmacy and get a job with daft.ie I'd say!! Well done sir. *tips cap.

And OP, if all else fails, you could try on campus? Double bed, ensuite, fast internet, all bills included, around 17 channels on TV(give or take).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Heh, I think I know where I'm staying next semester ;)

He'll be delighted to know I'm selling it so well :D
    Go around to certain houses, live in them for a week and review them.
    If my course fails, fingers crossed, then that's my new career path :D

I feel as a student trying to get someone to be your housemate that honesty is the best policy!
    Plus they'll find out when they get down here anyway & if it's too late the change their mind, they'll hate me for the duration of their stay :P
    I bet it's a lovely house to live in over the Summer :P
    Although the more people we get in over the Winter,
    We can use body heat to warm the place up :)
    Unless some generous being chooses to throw 10/20 on the gas card :P

However if you don't mind the sound of knowing everything the people upstairs are doing, everytime they set a foot on their floor, or better get a kick out of it, and company-wise the more the merrier, I'd say it's a lovely place to stay!
    In reality, what's the point in getting a decent house with consistent heating, fully funtional showers, quiet floorboards (maybe even carpet!,) a dryer, a dishwasher, unsure if we have a vacuum, haven't looked but now getting my hopes up (we've a dustpan and brush and an Ironing board though!!)
    In short...
    The best houses out there and one's like ours, because it's not a college house when there's nothing to moan about! :)

I'm sure he stole some of our light bulbs early on as well,
    Although it could have been housemate on reflection...
    "Forgot" to put one in her room.
    I swear he'll keep you on your toes,
    In his eyes, preparing you for the cruel world ahead of us...
    Come back one day with no bedroom door, the TV remote stolen and my phone and laptop adapter gone.
    He does it because he cares :)

Was supposed to get an air dryer thing this weekend too,
    To hang clothes on til they get dry (I requested one forgetting another essential component to the drying process was heat...) but unless he's hid it pretty well, it's still in transit.

ANYWAY!
    I'm sure I'm supposed to be doing something,
    In UL library on computers,
    Asking for distractions really...
    This never fails :)

To summarise in a "sentence,"
    Which I probably should've done at the start,
    Whoever's reading this and in need of a place to stay (or otherwise, :P)Please move in with me!
    places available so first come first served!
    Wonderful place to stay for second semester!
    Oh and I think he has two houses in the area so DEMAND to move into No. 9 :D

Think I best bold that last bit just in case people feel it's too long to read,
    But I urge you to do so, snippets of wisdom left right and centre :)

Ah Maths test tomorrow...
    That's what I'm supposed to be doing :P
    Knowing is half the battle!

Oh and do let me know if you want his contact details,
    Will have them out in a flash :)

Look forward to seeing you soon potential house mates! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 girloutside

Hello, I am thinking of moving out of my current house to commute next semester.
    The house is in briarfield. It is a double bedroom. Rent is 60 a week
    Let me know if you are interested.

Competition eh...
    Did I tell you we're getting a clothes airer too? ;)
    And that we're lovely people...
    Oh and I "fixed" the dryer!
    One less thing to moan about though,
    But plenty more there :)

Icing on the cake I reckon :D

It may not seem like it but I'm genuinely trying to sell ye this place :P
    When you expect the worst and come in and find it's actually not that bad you'll be more inclined to stay here :)
    Plus nothing can surprise you,
    I believe I've told you everything :)

That above post is very vague,
    Thats the kind of trap that tricked me into buying this house,
    Except it was spelt "Wireless broadband included."

If nothing else view this house :P
    Actually that's odd as well,
    Can never get used to waking up and someone you don't know being led around "your" house by your landlord...
    Stumbled out of bed a mess, downstairs,
    Hi Seamus, yeah, great place,
    Couldn't meet a more trustworthy man,
    I think it was my malevolent smile that drove her away,
    That and my no shoes and scruffy top and hair :P

I'll never become an estate agent :P

Well I must give it to you your keeping me entertained and make my work colleagues laugh today when i linked them to this convo.

But sadly i will have to decline your offer its not quite what i am looking for but if you can get out of your current house please let me know and happy to try find two places in another house as you seem like a well sound guy to live with.

May well be interested in that room in Briarfield though, whats the house like ? Housemates?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nowimtalkin

Also have a room in Briarfield, single - €55 a week.... PM me if interested

Well I tried my hardest :)
    If you're looking at houses in Briarfield do ours too!
    Official or otherwise! :P
    Must post above comments in a new thread actually before Christmas, unless I move house before then :P
    Should get my deposit back because I bought him lightbulbs today :D
    Never say never Ms. Transparent, all the lights are working now!
    Royalty will be moving in next :D
    First night out on the city now tonight...
    The conclusions will more than likely be,
    Why it's better to live there than close to the city :P

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sce88

not sure if you've looked at this before but looks of rooms listed here for semester 2

http://www.ulsu.ie/rooms

Hey,

Guys looking for a room for semester 2, would prefer a Double ensuite room.

Does anyone know of anyone looking for a super clean and tidy housemate ?

Only problem is cant view anywhere until the week after christmas, as currently on COOP in London !

sce88 wrote: »
    not sure if you've looked at this before but looks of rooms listed here for semester 2

http://www.ulsu.ie/rooms

Cheers man, forgot this was here,
    Might move after Christmas too..

Advertisement