Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I feel like I'm screwed for the leaving cert

• 05-11-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

So I haven't started studying yet, mainly because I'm disorganised. I need to get 450 points, but at the moment I'm going to get about 10.
    How should I go about studying and keeping up with the work?

Basically if I ever sit down to study I feel like it's not accomplishing anything, as I forget it a week later.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I don't study and have a lazy attitude to school, but think about this;

6C1's gets you 445 points and you're almost there, I don't know about you but to me that looks very achievable. I usually do my homework well and remember it well like that so I don't have to study, so work hard but don't overload yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm the exact same as you, I'm aiming for high enough points (around 460/70) yet I'm not working and I have no motivation...:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I know the feeling :eek:
    What I've started doing is, though it feels pretty useless this late, writing out things. I dont mean every time I study them, but maybe in different ways to see what works best. For example, I couldnt remember any of my geography notes and panicked so instead of doing them the way my teacher gave them to us, I did them in bullet points and tried to get an SRP into each point so its not a big wall of text. Try that if you havent already maybe. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Cian A wrote: »
    I don't study and have a lazy attitude to school, but think about this;

6C1's gets you 445 points and you're almost there, I don't know about you but to me that looks very achievable. I usually do my homework well and remember it well like that so I don't have to study, so work hard but don't overload yourself!

That's actually very true... That makes me feel better. I hope to get an A in maths and business, so that'll give me some room to breath with study in other stuff...
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    I know the feeling :eek:
    What I've started doing is, though it feels pretty useless this late, writing out things. I dont mean every time I study them, but maybe in different ways to see what works best. For example, I couldnt remember any of my geography notes and panicked so instead of doing them the way my teacher gave them to us, I did them in bullet points and tried to get an SRP into each point so its not a big wall of text. Try that if you havent already maybe. :)

I will! I'm going to try everything just to see if any one thing works really well

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Doing exam questions is the best way to go(while searching for answers from the subject's book/note copy), and write a few notes with your answers as you go along. (:
    I think that's a pretty good way to study. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭harrythehat

It's only November - plenty of time to get back on track.

I was never good at homework.

When I was studying, I used the past papers all the time. It's way better preparation than what a lot of teachers set.

If I was you I would do one a week for each subject, use good handwriting or type them and put EVERYTHING into answering this question completely and perfectly. An A1 answer. You might not remember it all, but if you studied an answer worthy of an A, you'll probably remember enough to get a high B.

When you're sitting down in the weeks before the exam there is absolutely no point in trying to study from 400 page books - you'll just feel lost.

But if you have say 15 perfect exam questions done out, you can read them again and again. The same stuff comes up year in year out.

Trust me, you have lots of time to make a difference.

Advertisement