Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estranged wife compromised to sugar daddy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

A tough situation OP. I'm really not sure what type of agenda Distorted is pushing. He / she seems determined to portray your ex as a victim. Like others have said you can't control who she sees but I understand your concern about her latest relationship.

Accepting a car as a gift after 3 months dating is ridiculous. No two ways about it. People can talk about 1 in a million exceptions but this ain't one of them. It firmly puts that relationship in a gold digger paradigm. I trust though that you'll have regular access to your kids once you move out. That way you'll always be the father figure to your kids. Besides, I really doubt that the ex's new relationship will last all that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

vetinari

Our charter clearly calls out "attack the post not the poster".
    If you have an issue with a poster please use the report function.

Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My, my! Some of the posts here are downright badgering! I really don't think there's any need to be raking through the reasons why the OP married his wife. Nobody needs judgement from on high when they're going through a break up. It's tantamount to kicking someone when they're down.

OP, you must be going through a tough time at the moment. It's hard breaking up, and it's hard watching someone you used to share so much with move on. I don't think your ex's new partner is going to step into your role and impart his wisdom to your children. You and your ex have raised your children to be a certain way so far, they're hardly going to turn into gold diggers just because this guy arrives on the scene!

Saying that however, you really need to watch what you're feeling. You refer to your ex's new partner as someone who splashes the cash about, and you feel that it's wrong that he's doing that. Were you not like that at one stage? You've written several posts in which you complain about how much you spent on your ex. Considering this, I'd believe that you are maddened that you were taken in by her and now you see her doing the same thing with another guy. It's almost like you want to reveal what your ex is really like, that you've been conned, you're having a hard time etc. I get the impression that you think life is going great for her, while you feel you're struggling.

I'd really leave that feeling behind if I were you, because it's making your break up harder than it needs to be. Yes, you feel you were conned. It's hard for anyone to look back on his/her younger self and feel that he/she was taken advantage of, which I feel is what happened to you. Now you know exactly what you would do if you met a woman like your ex because you're older and wiser, so you've learned from the whole experience. Take your past on the chin OP and stop trying to reclaim it, it's holding you back.

Good luck with your relationship with your ex, and I wish all the best for your children

Advertisement