Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to sell second hand CDs

Options
  • 05-11-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

It's time to bid farewell to the hundreds of CDs I have amassed over the years (I don't want to think about how much I paid for most of them or I will cry).

I'm assuming the demand for them has dwindled considerably in the digital age but has anyone here been able to offload unwanted CDs recently? Do any of the second hand music shops that are left in Dublin still buy and sell CDs? Is selling them online the only way to go these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Selling them physically, I'd suggest the place in the George's Street Arcade. (But I'm a bogger.)

Otherwise, eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Nah, sell them on adverts.

Much simpler without having to go through the whole P&P or paypal thing, since most people on there opt to collect. Put them up as a set, and people will offer you money for certain CDs on their own. You'll soon be rid of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Sell them to old people at a car boot sale "oh your grandson would love this"

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

mackg wrote: »
    Sell them to old people at a car boot sale "oh your grandson would love this"
    That would be a Cannibal Corpse CD I take it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Try selling them in 1996

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

cournioni wrote: »
    That would be a Cannibal Corpse CD I take it??

"She likes Justin Bieber? Carcass was the band justin Bieber was in before he went solo!"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Donate them to the children of Africa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Fbjm wrote: »

- Hi, Il offur tirty old pence and can ya delivur to me mams house

- are these stil avaylabbl Will ye swop for a 1980's cerammic cat?

Adverts? Fcuk that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Fbjm wrote: »

Much simpler without having to go through the whole P&P or paypal thing, since most people on there opt to collect. Put them up as a set, and people will offer you money for certain CDs on their own. You'll soon be rid of them :D

Adverts? Are you having a laugh? You could advertise every CD ever pressed and the morons on there would still only offer you €1 for your entire collection, expect you to travel the length of the country to deliver it and then back out of the deal at the last minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Though I love my downloads, I like having my CD collection in the corner.
    There is something about looking at them and the endless hours of fun I get re-organising them in new and more bizarre references that only make sense to me.

Plus it gives my mates something to rob/disorganise when they visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Believe it or not there was a guy on 'The Business' RTE Radio 1 this morning who has recently started a business buying and selling used CDs in Dublin. I'm not sure of the name but listen back on the RTE website it was towards the end of the programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

CD technology hasnt arrived in Roscommon yet. Get in there before the rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Believe it or not there was a guy on 'The Business' RTE Radio 1 this morning who has recently started a business buying and selling used CDs in Dublin. I'm not sure of the name but listen back on the RTE website it was towards the end of the programme.

Thanks, I'll have a listen back later

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

There's a website called musicmagpie.com, you type in the barcode of the cd and they give you a price for it. I tried it out before and my older cds or bands that wouldn't be well known here were worth a more than chart stuff so you might get a good enough deal. I didn't actually sell mine in the end though, it was a minimum of 10 cds I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Naomi00 wrote: »
    There's a website called musicmagpie.com, you type in the barcode of the cd and they give you a price for it. I tried it out before and my older cds or bands that wouldn't be well known here were worth a more than chart stuff so you might get a good enough deal. I didn't actually sell mine in the end though, it was a minimum of 10 cds I think.

Thanks for that. The site says they'll take CDs from the UK only but I'll give them a shout and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Rega

Thanks for that. The site says they'll take CDs from the UK only but I'll give them a shout and see what they say.

Any news on how this went? Looking to offload my collection myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

ebay. you can reach a worldwide audience and postage is cheap(ish). If you have a lot to post around the world, go ( or have a friend whose going ) to Newry / the North, its much cheaper to post from there worldwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

sell them in the Motors forum ..advertise them as GoSafe Van deflectors and if that don't shift them , advertise them as Snow Tyres for a Skoda Octavia

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH->Music

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dave60

The Hidden CD Store off Wicklow Street is the best place I have found. You won't get much for any CD even if it is new but the guys in there are honest and will treat you fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Rare CDs are best sold on Discogs or Amazon Marketplace. Just shifted my Peter Gabriel So SACD for €55 this evening.

Advertisement