Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mold resistant paint or additive ?

• 05-11-2011 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is a paint that is resistant to mildew/mold or a paint additive to make it resistant to mold ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

MRCB have this paint, they are situated at end of Thomas Street near Christchurch. Its expensive though....Probably 60euro for a can I think..

Link

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I have Zinsser anti mould and mildew on my bathroom with 4 years and its brilliant.

You must kill off any mould on the walls first with a solution of bleach and water!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

When buying paint you can actually see it written on them mould resistant. But if it helps generally any paint used in bathrooms has to be waterproof and mould resistant. If you read the tin you will see.

I am guessing you are putting it in a bathroom.... Any chance of fitting a fan>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Red Harvest

I have Zinsser anti mould and mildew on my bathroom with 4 years and its brilliant.

You must kill off any mould on the walls first with a solution of bleach and water!

I was sceptical but my wife insisted (she paid for the Zinsser paint :D) and it's sorted out a black mould issue we had in one corner of a room. We didn't use it all over the room just in the area's where the mould kept forming.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JR79

I used Zinsser for a mouldy bathroom.
    Can't rate it highly enough it worked a treat!
    No more mould.

• Advertisement
Advertisement