Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Economics

• 05-11-2011 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm starting to worry that the points I need are out of my reach as I do two ordinary level subjects (teachers at higher are ridiculously bad since first year)

I'm thinking of taking up economics as an extra subject as I would be A standard in business and I heard they have a lot in common!

I'm just wondering where to start and would I need to tell my school about as I plan to teach myself ?!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I don't think you need to tell your school as such, but in 6th year, your exam secretary (usually the vice principal, or somebody) will give you out forms where you have to write what subjects you are doing, and what levels you are doing them at - so make sure to put Economics HL down on it, so that there'll be an exam paper for you on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lord Ned Stark

That's already happened about two months ago so would it be too late now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 The Educator

Really, they usually give them out n the february of 6th Year!? Thats very unusual! :P

Economics is a lovely subject and very do-able by yourself! Its also a very handy subject know about! :)

Really, they usually give them out n the february of 6th Year!? Thats very unusual! :P

Economics is a lovely subject and very do-able by yourself! Its also a very handy subject know about! :)

Yeah about two weeks into September it's ridiculous

Any tips on where to start ?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Do you not have to tell your school you're doing a subject outside school so they can inform the S.E.C. and save you time ?

I'm currently doing Economics outside school with a grinds teacher, will you be doing Economics yourself or doing grinds ?

• Advertisement

barbarians wrote: »
    Do you not have to tell your school you're doing a subject outside school so they can inform the S.E.C. and save you time ?

I'm currently doing Economics outside school with a grinds teacher, will you be doing Economics yourself or doing grinds ?

Im not sure tbh I haven't even started
    Hopefully teach myself and a teacher I know might help out

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭icedtea

Economics is great, but I do both business and Economics and they have far less in common than you would think....

Advertisement