Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera repair in Dublin

Options
  • 05-11-2011 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is a place in Dublin where I can have my camera fixed?

Would prices be reasonable?

I dropped mine at a gig last night. It isn't broken (no cracks) at all its just frozen and is unable to activate.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

www.cameracare.ie on Dame street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

kceire wrote: »
    www.cameracare.ie on Dame street

I'd look else where, I was waiting over 4 months to get it fixed (the chap said he's waiting on a part) I ened up taking back off him as I was waiting too long for it to get fixed

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

d1975 wrote: »
    I'd look else where, I was waiting over 4 months to get it fixed (the chap said he's waiting on a part) I ened up taking back off him as I was waiting too long for it to get fixed

www.cameraexchange.ie on Georges Street are a Camera retailer, but they can send the cameras off for repair too.

no connection with either, just the first 2 that come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

d1975 wrote: »

Oh god that happened me as well. They guy in there is very nice.....but no good at actually fixing cameras :(

Two months of my life making phone calls every couple of days *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I've had my camera fixed by cameracare but they did charge....probably would have been better off holding out and buying a new one! They will give you an estimate and you can decide if it's worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I've actually a crack inside the lens on mine that needs doing. Scared at the potential price it may cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

What camera jay? The lens is the dearest part id say. WAs told before not worth repairing. Prob better off getting a new one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Sundew wrote: »
    I've had my camera fixed by cameracare but they did charge....probably would have been better off holding out and buying a new one! They will give you an estimate and you can decide if it's worth it!
    He replaced a CCD for me a few years back, and it was all done at the agreed price in the agreed timeframe. Pricey, but it still worked out cheaper than replacing a camera which I'm very fond of, which is the only fair way to judge these things, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Slunk wrote: »
    What camera jay? The lens is the dearest part id say. WAs told before not worth repairing. Prob better off getting a new one.

my good one, can't see it being €500! At least i really hope not, wasn't even me, some drunken dick.
    http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/14/fujifilm-finepix-hs10-camera.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Thanks so much for that. I'll check out Camera Exchange, I've a recollection of going to them years ago and they were very good. tnx again

• Advertisement
Advertisement