Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezing a curry with yoghurt in it?

Options
  • 05-11-2011 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at doing a bulk of dinners and freezing them, but wonder if it's safe to freeze a curry that has yoghurt in it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I can't see any problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

It should freeze very well. The only problem you may have is the yoghurt may seperate slightly from any liquids when its defrosted but a quick stir should sort that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

shinikins wrote: »
    It should freeze very well. The only problem you may have is the yoghurt may seperate slightly from any liquids when its defrosted but a quick stir should sort that out.

That was my concern but if it won't damage the food, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Oh it won't damage the food at all-it could only help to be honest. Yogurt freezes exceptionally well, but any liquids blended with it may seperate out on defrosting, but you would be stirring before you serve anyway, so its really not a problem. Yogurt is a really good meat tenderiser too, one of the reasons why meat in Indian meals tends to be so much more tender than Chinese, for instance. Something to do with enzymes, I'm not very scientific but I know its the best marinade for tough meat cuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Yep Yep I do it all the time with no problems

• Advertisement
Advertisement