Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning search and boundary check

Options
  • 05-11-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi all,

In the process of buying a house in Blackrock and need to carry out a planning search and a boundary check.

I've done a search on the DLR county Council website and have seen the last approved planning permission which was for the addition of 2 windows to a room. Questions:
    1. Can I rely on these planning documents and the layout of the house shown to establish whether the current house is in line with the previous approved planning approval.
    2. The abovementioned planning application shows an extension on the drawings however the documentation and grant makes it clear that the approval is only for the 2 new windows and not for the extension. Any ideas why this would be the case?
    Regarding the boundary check, does this involve a visit to the Land Registery Office? The planning application map shows the boundary in a red line so wondering can I rely on this?

Thanks,

D.

Advertisement