Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sunspot

Options
  • 05-11-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

http://www.spaceweather.comhuge sunspot today.I can see it using a sun filter on a 4" telescope.
    Warning! do not try to view the sun directly using an optical instrument(binos camera unfiltered telescope etc) it will cause permanent blindness!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

THIS is the real reason for global warming! not us little humans driving around in our little cars!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

THIS is the real reason for global warming! not us little humans driving around in our little cars!

If you've got some proof, do tell

If you've got some proof, do tell

Sure i do, tomorrow, go outside and look up in the sky and u will see a big shiney ball of fire... all the proof u need! ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Sure i do, tomorrow, go outside and look up in the sky and u will see a big shiney ball of fire... all the proof u need! ;)

Is this intended as a serious response?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

slade_x wrote: »

It's better than the usual climate change denialist guff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

When the number of sunspots was low they were claiming that we were headed for a mini-ice age so we didnt need to worry about man-made emissions, now that there is a big sunspot we get this crap instead :rolleyes:

slade_x wrote: »

Yes, but you are free to take it however you like.

Advertisement