Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney Re-Lining

• 05-11-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently moved into an old house (circa 1940's) and found when the neighbour lit a fire the smoke from it came into our house.

I had the chimney inspected by Multiflue in Galway and they said the flue liner is cracked all the way up and needs to be relined which is what I suspected.

My question is has anybody got experience/testimonials of this company or another company name Futureflue? This is a job I need to get done asap so would appreciate any response.

For what its worth the neighbours also needs to be done but he is not in a position to do his at the moment. He did say though that he wont light a fire again until it is repaired. Fingers crossed.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭breffni666

My fire did the same. There is a metal flue you can get from your hardware store. I put mine from the back of a new stove all the way to the top of the chimney. Worked a treat. Measure and ask there for further advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

lining your flue with a loosely fitted metal liner will not solve the problem of smoke coming from his flue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Carlow52 wrote: »
    lining your flue with a loosely fitted metal liner will not solve the problem of smoke coming from his flue.

I agree - chances are thesmoke from your neighbours chimney is coming back down yours from the top, not where the liners are cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭crazybaldhead

Thanks guys.

Long story short the neighbour and I dont get on but he said he wont light a fire again until he gets his repaired.

I am aware that the smoke will still come in from his side unless repaired but if he sticks to his side of the bargain then I wont have that problem.

Its not a job I would be willing to take on myself to be honest, although it does seem handy enough to do.

My question really is has anybody got experience of the company themselves and offer some testimonials regarding the work done.

I reckon I will get it done anyway but its always nice to hear positive stories regarding who is going to carry our the work.

Thanks again

Advertisement