Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmac

Options
  • 05-11-2011 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for a RELIABLE tarmac contractor --- one who will actually show up to look at the job and give us an estimate?

Have had three different guys promise to come by and fail to show -- one has stood us up twice.

We're near the Curragh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

well boss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

Eamonn Sheridan seems to get good reviews:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71764416

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Thanks for that, will try him next week.

Was in such a snit I didn't even think of checking for old threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

Thanks for that, will try him next week.

Was in such a snit I didn't even think of checking for old threads.

I haven't had any dealings with him but I've heard from several people who have got work done by him that he's better than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

Just to add another "Random Service in Maynooth" thread to this forum, and also because I need advice, I'm asking if anyone has a tip for a good, reliable contractor to extend my drive-way.

It's tarmacced already, but I need space for another car so want to widen it, but would really like to get someone who comes with good reviews.

Also how much is a reasonable price nowadays for a job like this?

Any tips much appreciated!

Thanks folks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 EimearDen

Any recommendations for a RELIABLE tarmac contractor --- one who will actually show up to look at the job and give us an estimate?

Have had three different guys promise to come by and fail to show -- one has stood us up twice.

We're near the Curragh.
    Hi there, I've just seen your post and wondered if you ever found a reliable tarmac contractor? We also live in Kildare and have just begun searching for one. We are finding it difficult to figure out how how much it costs per m2. So if you have had success and could recommend someone that would be great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

I don't even remember starting this thread! In fairness, it was nearly six years ago -- let me cast my mind back . . . .
    As I recall, it turned out that we didn't have to dig up the drive way after all, as the leak was found under the house. So no need for tarmac work.
    Sorry, no recommendations for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

There are some tarmac companies operating out of toughers business Park in Naas but when you dig a bit deeper they are using a phone answering service company as their business address so be wide.

Any company you're looking at, check them on solocheck to see if they're a legit company. Not the be all and end all but it helps to have someone to chase if something goes wrong.

Fwiw, I've dealt with arkil before albeit for bigger jobs. I'm fairly certain the have a driveways section and you'll have a starting price at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Fwiw, I've dealt with arkil before albeit for bigger jobs. I'm fairly certain the have a driveways section and you'll have a starting price at least.

I'm not in Kildare, but used Arkil for a domestic project in Saggart 2 years ago and everything was first rate. they are a very large company but have no issues dealing with individuals for one driveway and pricing was extremely competitive, probably because they have their own quarry.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my post LostinKildare, john_johnerson and CeilingFly. I'll give Arkil a call tomorrow. It's always great to have a recommendation.

Eimear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

EimearDen wrote: »
    Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my post LostinKildare, john_johnerson and CeilingFly. I'll give Arkil a call tomorrow. It's always great to have a recommendation.

Eimear.

Hi Eimear,

How did you get on with Arkil ? Just looking at getting a bit done myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

EimearDen wrote: »

Eimear.

Hi Eimear,

How did you get on with Arkil ? Just looking at getting a bit done myself

Hi Liam, I actually didn't go with them in the end. A friend recommended a company that they used called Groundforce, we found them excellent. Very reliable and reasonable. I can give you the contact details if you like.
    Eimear

Advertisement