Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know a tattoo artist ?

Options
  • 05-11-2011 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

i really want to get a tatoo done but i don't want to go into a shop and get it done (i have my reasons) any amature that want to practice or people you know who can do tatoos
    i know this is a lil rude to ask and might get deleted but pls don't be rude :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

i really want to get a tatoo done but i don't want to go into a shop and get it done (i have my reasons) any amature that want to practice or people you know who can do tatoos

If you want an amateur tattoo done, then that's the way to go.

I advise going to a studio, talking to the artists there. If you've an issue with privacy, I'm sure some of them will accommodate you in a private room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

One of me mates does house calls. He's after getting very good actually in the last couple of years. I have one by him and will definitely get more from him.
    I'm using mobile now so can't see your location but if your anywhere near Waterford I'll give ya mates number and sort something out.

There seems to be loads of amateurs popping up doing them from home. Some are brutal and some are alright. Ya may look for one that has pics of his/her past tattoos and judge yourself who to go for.

Also as damo said, pop into a studio and explain your reasons and maybe if it is only privacy then they might beable to do it after hours or in a private room.
    Let us know how ya get on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Why do you not want it done in a studio? Hoping it will be cheaper if you go to a scratcher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chubbybear222

Yeh maybe abit cheaper and i'll defo take u up on that offer i'll just message u i live in dublin but i'll go up there if i hav 2

Cheap tattoos are not good
    Good tattoos are not cheap

Something for you to think about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chubbybear222

Well i want 1 so if u know anybody let me know

Well i want 1 so if u know anybody let me know

I know plenty of people who work in studios but you dont want that so im no use to you

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

i know a lady in Drogheda that does it from her house.

her woork is pretty good but to be honest the reason i wont go to her for a tattoo is exactly because she does it from her house!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thepeterlong

If you live in limerick I highly recommend that you go to a place called <snip> Shilling! </snip>

I'm still relatively new to the world of body art but even I know that to get a tattoo from a home is just bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Go to a studio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Melion wrote: »
    Cheap tattoos are not good
    Good tattoos are not cheap

Something for you to think about

Not disagreeing with you but when I got most of my tattoo's in the early to mid 80's, all Tattoo's were cheap, because they were frowned upon.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Id recommend going to a studio or at least a reputable home studio. Cross infection and infection control should be of concern to you. Hepatitis is not just for christmas.

Good tattoos can be cheap but the trade off is you have to get Hungary / Poland (England to a lesser extent) OR find a hot apprentice.

For instance, this girl, was an apprentice only a few short years ago: http://www.13diamonds.com/magda/

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭mystique150

Whatever your reasons are for getting tattooed by someone outside of a studio, you should carefully consider the risks of getting tattooed by someone who is not licensed or properly trained. So many risks of infection and diseases are possible with tattoos. We don't dwell on the risks now a days as shops are really up to standard, they have to be as their licences, livelihoods and reputations depend on it. It is an integral part of their training! A person doing tattoos off the cuff themselves is not taking the necessary percautions regardless of what they tell you. They are certainly not insured! Do yourself a favour and have a good think about what you are getting yourself into. HIV, hepatitis and scars due to infected tattoos are not something worth saving a few cents for. Penny wise and pound foolish :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I'll give you 100euro to show me any shop in the republic with a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭mystique150

I stand corrected! I believed that the premises had to be inspected and therfore licensed? I just checked the HSE site and this is what I found http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/Environmental_Health/Tattooing_and_Body_Piercing.html

I would still say that the business of the shop depends on their reputation and that implies that the standards have to be very high. Still though, I'm surprised the area is not properly legislated. More the reason to attend a reputable shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

No licence required in Ireland as you pointed out. And while I agree with Mystique150 to an extent, you really should do some scouting and research before sitting down to be tattooed by someone you are unfamiliar with. By that I mean, just because someone has a shop does not automatically mean they have good standards.
    An unethical person could very well have a studio and not good standards, once the word gets around about their low standard of hygiene or the fact that they've infected someone all they have to do is move and rename.
    Ask people in the know, not your friend with one tattoo of a fighting Irish thing or a black puma climbing up their arm, but someone who actually has a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

If you're looking to go cheap and sacrifice quality, that's your call.

Just be prepared to be disgusted or embarrassed if the scratcher makes a tits of it, and you're stuck, literally until the day you die, with a crap looking tattoo.

For the sake of a few quid, it's really, really not worth it.

Advertisement