Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with SSF4:AE for PC

Options
  • 05-11-2011 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

hello

I've had this game almost since its release week on pc but i have not been able to enjoy it because I just cant stop it from crashing and freezing. I've done my best to try and resolve it myself, I've posted on other forums, updated every driver there is to update even the bios, emailed capcom support(who were pretty useless) but nothing I've found myself has sorted it.

I have a decent enough PC and the game runs very well on it(when its actually running) and it scored A in the benchmark test on max setting and res. Spec: AMD phenom II 6 core 1050T, 4g ram, radeon 5870.

Basically what happens is the game will freeze for about 10 seconds, it almost always happens when and ultra is performed and it message on the desktop says the display driver stop working and has recovered. After it freezes once the second time it doesnt recover and it eventualy bluescreens. It seems to be some issue with the dispaly driver driver but succesive catalyst drivers have not sorted it. I'm kind of thinking it mightbe a faulty hardware issue but other games dont suffer from this.

If anyone can offer any advice on this or if they've experienced similar I'd really appreciate it. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Have you tried upgrading your gfx drivers? I had problems with LoL until I did that, then it was sorted. I also had problems with Vanilla SF4 a few years back, are you using a pirate copy of AE or a legit one? Pirate for some reason wouldn't run, but the legit one did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Nah man i've updated the drivers a few times and using the latest ones 11.9 catalyst it hasnt help. And its legit of course :)

Advertisement