Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security bonds

Options
  • 05-11-2011 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

When we moved into our apartment last year we had storage heating with ESB. Set up DD to avoid the 300 security bond. Grand.
    Moved into a house in august and now have gas. Cut a long story short, Boird Gas never change my name on the bill when they were asked and I only found this out last week or so.
    Got a letter last week confirming new account etc. They wanted 300e if your paying by cash but still want 200e even if you're paying by DD!!!
    my first issue was they wanted the money within 10 days of the date on the letter which was the 14th. I received the letter on the 20th!!!

My question is why do they need a 200e bond when you're paying with DD ?
    Where does that money go?
    Will I ever see it again?
    It's a lot of money to spring on someone

Edit: i payed it anyway by the way as the letter said if bond wasn't paid we would be cut off. oh and I've always paid all my bills etc on time and in full

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

They usually hold the deposit for 6 months to a year, then you can apply to get it back. Make sure you have written proof of paying the bond, Bord Gas 'lost' the proof that my sister had paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accomodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

I got my deposit back after 7 bills, thats over a year. They said many people just add it to credit their bill, but I wanted the cash, so I got it. Its a long time though.

Advertisement